English Open 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by 147Daniel View Post
    dude, they are the most ignorant pieces of s*** on the planet. I have multible mailed, tweeted and the only ONE reply I got back was from one of the danish staff members, and they say its all fine and that im basically high on shrooms and hearing things that arent there... ill translation but seriously... they are arrogant and unprofessional. Buzzing from commentators headsets due to unearthed wiring or whatever, plus often the danish signal is MONO, for that old ass 80's sound we all hate... no wide sound from an audience clapping at all. Extra annoying when some tournaments make an actual effort in having mic's attached under the left and right corner nets (notice that at Worlds and Champion of Champions i think) they just de-value the whole production by their incompetence.
    Yes, they’re pretty shoddy to say the least. No buzz/crackle today, though.
    Last edited by Billy; 16 October 2018, 03:35 PM.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Don’t know why the commentators find Akani’s long rest technique so weird. For as long as I’ve watched the game I’ve wondered why all players don’t do the same. To me it is the conventional style that’s the weird one.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Because they are conservative like most snookerplayers and know-it-all's... They honestly need to realise that the game is changing, and the rest-variant of Akani is the least of their "worries"... Ive used that rest-technique since 2005 on and off, so prolly before Akani knew what it was, and in denmark it's equally seen as weird or "pool-like" ... its really ridiculous. Poolplayers at the very least welcome innovations to the game. Which is why improvements to equipment is getting really good in pool, and why alot in snooker is staying the same. Sadly.

Comment

jimmy played some great stuff today, that 6-5 win v obrien last week done him the world of good oi oi
          Blown away

Comment

Because they are conservative like most snookerplayers and know-it-all's... They honestly need to realise that the game is changing,
            I don’t see it like that. I don’t think Akani’s rest technique is ground-breaking or at attempt to change snooker. It’s just the way he taught himself because, as he says himself, he couldn’t pot balls six inches from the pocket using the standard rest technique. But like I say, to me it makes so much more sense technically speaking, as it allows the player to play rest shots in exactly the same position they play normal shots.

Comment

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh's Maxi for anyone wanting to see it

Comment

Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
                jimmy played some great stuff today, that 6-5 win v obrien last week done him the world of good oi oi
                Watched Jimmy beat Mark Selby 3 - 2 the other day , his safety play was superb . Even his coach said it was decent lately .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

hi loopies what is up with Robin Hulls shaking?

Comment

Because they are conservative like most snookerplayers and know-it-all's... They honestly need to realise that the game is changing, and the rest-variant of Akani is the least of their "worries"... Ive used that rest-technique since 2005 on and off, so prolly before Akani knew what it was, and in denmark it's equally seen as weird or "pool-like" ... its really ridiculous. Poolplayers at the very least welcome innovations to the game. Which is why improvements to equipment is getting really good in pool, and why alot in snooker is staying the same. Sadly.
                    Like you, I have used this rest technique since the 1980's and it certainly feels more natural to me and there are other people around who do this.

I can't use the normal technique with any success and don;t really want to as I pot a fair percentage using this style. You do need reasonable equipment but I can reach a good percentage of the table with my own extendable extension.
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                      Thepchaiya Un-Nooh's Maxi for anyone wanting to see it
                      Thank you.

So weird watching a 147 without the usual excitement from commentators and crowd. A sad little ripple of applause for something that usually brings the house down.

Comment

you sir, iz super legend , thanks for sharing!

Comment

The technique is heavily underrated. Im just happy that not more people are copying it thus far it remains quite exclusive.

Comment

The technique is heavily underrated. Im just happy that not more people are copying it thus far it remains quite exclusive.
                            There no right or wrong way to use a rest - so long as it works for the individual. It's not something people should be 'copying' either, just for the sake of saying they have an unorthodox rest technique. And that's certainly not the case with Akani because it's something he did himself, naturally, as a kid.

Comment

I might try it as I hate using the rest so bad lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by plague1973 View Post
                                hi loopies what is up with Robin Hulls shaking?
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystonia
                                Most likely going to end hes career after this season, not looking pretty out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X