No announcement yet.

English Open 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, ROS was also straight away on the defence saying ‘’what’s happened now’’ before showing him the clip. I do not want to believe it but it’s definitely a bit iffy and has been said, a player can feel these foul touches through the shaft.

I have not posted for ages but couldn’t resist giving a opinion on this. Did Luo really have him rattled that much.
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Well with all the cameras on his every move you have to think he didn't just ignore it as it would get picked up, so maybe he genuinely didn't notice (somehow !)
      As for the referee, well with this new ridiculous thing of them always standing behind the player instead of right by the shot, she was probably too far away to see, and was concentrating on getting the rest off him lol
      Ah, the old "he wouldn't be so obviously stupid as to do something so obviously stupid, would he" defense. Get that off one of your fancy barristers did you JRC?

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Well with all the cameras on his every move you have to think he didn't just ignore it as it would get picked up, so maybe he genuinely didn't notice (somehow !)
        As for the referee, well with this new ridiculous thing of them always standing behind the player instead of right by the shot, she was probably too far away to see, and was concentrating on getting the rest off him lol
        He was looking right at his cue when it made contact with the red. The ball moved a few inches, so he definitely saw and felt the contact. I think he was just angry with the poor run of the ball he was getting and in that exact moment kind of froze. It doesn't excuse it, but I think that's what happened.

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
          Did Luo really have him rattled that much.
          Apparently so.

Comment

• Maybe he thought that the cue hit "X" of the rest as he stood up? You can hear the contact as well.

Comment

• I'm a big Ronnie fan but his response and reactions in the studio didn't strike me as being particularly genuine

Comment

• Still think the in off was very poor , don’t think the shot was on .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  Ah, the old "he wouldn't be so obviously stupid as to do something so obviously stupid, would he" defense. Get that off one of your fancy barristers did you JRC?

-
                  Well i do pay them good money for the right excuse lol
                  I wouldn't defend Ronnie as i don't like him, but what can you do, maybe someone in the crowd should of shouted up ? wonder what would happen if that happened ??

Comment

• Originally Posted by philmac74 View Post
                    I'm a big Ronnie fan but his response and reactions in the studio didn't strike me as being particularly genuine
                    Especially the over the top praise for his opponent. It sounded like he was talking about Hendry in his prime. He's a decent young player, but not nearly in the class of at least a half dozen other Chinese players.

Comment

• If the ref that helps with the re-positioning of the balls when a miss is called (assistant ref?) spots a foul can they stop the game under the rules?

Comment

• Originally Posted by QuickDraw View Post
                        Any link to the post match interview please...

Comment

Well i do pay them good money for the right excuse lol
                          Back to your private rendition of GoT again ay.

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          I wouldn't defend Ronnie as i don't like him, but what can you do, maybe someone in the crowd should of shouted up ? wonder what would happen if that happened ??
                          We need VAR!

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Well I think it was all about the rest. Cause when your lifting the rest and the cue you might lift the cue just a little stronger force than the rest and that way it's possible you kind of tremble the cue against the rest and can't recognize that you actually hit a ball with your cue. Especially if you're in a hurry like Ronnie was. Also some of the interaction between the cue and the red is transmitted to the rest. And due to its thickness and solid metal head, I'd say it's quite good absorber of impact.

In addition, I'm not sure why he would start cheating now because he's been in a lot tougher and more significant occasions than that and still admitted his fouls.

So I think Ronnie was being honest in his post match interview saying he didn't notice it at all and that he is feeling awful because of whats happened.

Comment

• Posted on another forum. I think this hits the nail on the head.

From 2-0 ahead Ronnie suddenly found himself 3-2 behind and his opponent was playing very well. In frame 6 Lou was doing well again but missed two or three balls but in doing so left the cue ball safe or on the cushion or a red was covered. He was getting a good run even when he missed and Ron had to be getting a little frustrated. Then Ron finally gets in with a decent chance he thought he probably wouldn't get at that stage and he was desperate to make the most of it. The last thing he needed was that brush off the red as he was peeved enough already. He just couldn't bring himself to own up at that stage.

He made a massive mistake tonight. No win was worth it. A mans reputation is worth 10 World Championships. Only takes one bad moment to tarnish a lot of good work. I was hoping he'd belatedly say he wasn't sure at the time but he totally dismissed it which is not believable or credible. Anyway whats done is done. Never had the displeasure to see Ronnie blatantly go against the honour of the game like that before but i guess he's human and nobody is perfect.

Sad night for snooker and Ronnie fans. This tournament is finished for me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guitarnolife View Post
                                Well I think it was all about the rest. Cause when your lifting the rest and the cue you might lift the cue just a little stronger force than the rest and that way it's possible you kind of tremble the cue against the rest and can't recognize that you actually hit a ball with your cue. Especially if you're in a hurry like Ronnie was. Also some of the interaction between the cue and the red is transmitted to the rest. And due to its thickness and solid metal head, I'd say it's quite good absorber of impact.

In addition, I'm not sure why he would start cheating now because he's been in a lot tougher and more significant occasions than that and still admitted his fouls.

So I think Ronnie was being honest in his post match interview saying he didn't notice it at all and that he is feeling awful because of whats happened.
                                Do you play at all?

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X