No announcement yet.

English Open 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s a shame if ROS knew of the foul on the rest shot. Doesn’t speak good of the player.

Comment

• Is there any rule in the book for the following? Bingham vs Carter: How long is it allowed for the ball to drop in after all balls have come to a rest?

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Do you play at all?

-
        Actually yes. But now that I took a closer look to it the first paragraph of my post certainly didn't happen. So a fair question from you though a bit harsh(?)

This might be a bit far-fetched but maybe he didn't feel the hit cause he was changing the grip of the cue at the same time the hit happened.

To be honest I didn't notice it until I watched it like four or five times cause I was just watching the white and wondering why they are showing this multiple times.

Sorry I just want to believe he's not a cheater...

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          Is there any rule in the book for the following? Bingham vs Carter: How long is it allowed for the ball to drop in after all balls have come to a rest?
          I never saw that, but obviously it's not something that is timed at the time is it, i think the rule is "a reasonable amount of time"
          If it drops after that point the ball is replaced on the edge of the pocket with no foul either way

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            I never saw that, but obviously it's not something that is timed at the time is it, i think the rule is "a reasonable amount of time"
            If it drops after that point the ball is replaced on the edge of the pocket with no foul either way
            Here it is: https://www.facebook.com/10215162061...5569466182062/

Comment

• It wasnt a foul(well it was obviously a foul) but ronnie didnt see or feel it, he was concentrating so hard on watching to see if the red went in, he didnt even see or feel the red he hit, anyway, its the referees mistake, send her back to her husband ben and let both of them sulk together about being out of the event
              Blown away

Comment

• He was looking straight at it. It made an obvious noise. He would have felt it. No way he didn't know he fouled.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                  Thanks for link, well it was a long long time, Bingham had left the table and it was now Carter's shot so right decision made by Ref

Comment

• LOL, how could he not have noticed that? Not as if the red barely moves it moves several inches at least.

Comment

• In this situation does the ref get a good telling off afterwards then ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        In this situation does the ref get a good telling off afterwards then ?
                        I doubt it, even the commentators didn't notice it initially, it must have been more obvious from one angle than another.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guitarnolife View Post
                          Actually yes. But now that I took a closer look to it the first paragraph of my post certainly didn't happen. So a fair question from you though a bit harsh(?)....
                          A bit harsh?? "Do you play at all?" That's harsh? Really? I took a look at your profile, couldn't see your highest break anywhere, so assumed you don't, but thought I'd better ask as it clearly pertains to the point in hand. Forgive me.

Why are people so easily offended these days?

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

A bit harsh?? "Do you play at all?" That's harsh? Really? I took a look at your profile, couldn't see your highest break anywhere, so assumed you don't, but thought I'd better ask as it clearly pertains to the point in hand. Forgive me.

Why are people so easily offended these days?

-
                            They just are. OK!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Woody001 View Post
                              They just are. OK!
                              So it would seem.

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

So it would seem.

-
                                It's a strange one for sure. We're all just fans at the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X