No announcement yet.

English Open 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep,, that scenario appears to have had an effect on him...But guilty or not, it would have effected any snooker player. A shame in a way, whichever way you look at it.

Still time though, not lost yet..
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

• The "come on Ronnie!" brigade are strangely quiet tonight

Comment

• It's pretty obvious that he lost on purpose tonight.

Comment

• Congratulations to Mark Davis to reach finally his first ranking final! Well deserved.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
            It's pretty obvious that he lost on purpose tonight.
            I was thinking same as he felt guilty for wining through his foul
            Current playing cue Trevor White
            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Sure, on a normal day he'd never play a load of horse manure like this.

Comment

• A player with his ability level would play that poorly once in thousands of times. Either it was the ultimate outlier or he realized that after cheating yesterday the best scenario for him was to get the hell out of Dodge.

Comment

• Great stuff by Mark , such a nice guy . Like both Finalists but hoping that Mark wins it .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Great stuff by Mark , such a nice guy . Like both Finalists but hoping that Mark wins it .
                    I'm on your side with this. Would be a great story.

Comment

I thought I would leave it to another to point it out. I totally agree.

He had absolutely zero hunger and energy to win it.

I think that wraps it up, he knew he fouled the red. Any snooker player knows if you do not own up to a foul it will play havoc with your brain box for the remainder of the match / tournament . So, it caught up with him. Such a shame.
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Very rarely I'm not supporting Ronnie in a match but tonight was one of those matches. Hope he learns from this but the main thing is he didn't win the tournament. Shame for the guy he knocked out though.

Comment

• Well played to Mark Davis, he couldn't have picked a better time to produce one of the best performances I've ever seen from him on the big stage.

Should be a decent final tomorrow, even if it's becoming harder and harder to watch all of these old-timers in ranking finals. :biggrin: Seriously, 9 out of 12 ranking finalists this season have been over 35, with six of them over 40, and the Shanghai Masters final was more of the same. Mmm...

Comment

• It’s just the excuse the RO haters we’re waiting for, isn’t it? And no I don’t say this as a fan. As it happens I’m pretty neutral when it comes to O’Sullivan, but the suggestion he knew about the foul is ludicrous. As another poster said there was so much more going on. He was lifting a rest and his cue together, with all the knocking and rattling that entails. The contact was minimal. Quite frankly I’m amazed so many people can’t see all of this, but as I say some people just can’t wait to pounce.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I’ve missed this til now, looks like a red near the pink got closer. A mistake has been made, it’s sad that all footballers are cheats, fouling to stop players and it’s accepted.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                It’s just the excuse the RO haters we’re waiting for, isn’t it? And no I don’t say this as a fan. As it happens I’m pretty neutral when it comes to O’Sullivan, but the suggestion he knew about the foul is ludicrous. As another poster said there was so much more going on. He was lifting a rest and his cue together, with all the knocking and rattling that entails. The contact was minimal. Quite frankly I’m amazed so many people can’t see all of this, but as I say some people just can’t wait to pounce.
                                Yep , have to agree with this also .
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X