Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    What putting the black on side cushion?
    I thought he made right choice, I guess he was expecting Ronnie to pot the red over the corner with no way of getting on the black, Ronnie's red to middle and developing the black was some shot indeed
    I guess there was a decent chance the cannon to the black would have gone wrong for O'Sullivan, or indeed that he would have missed the tricky red to the middle, but I though leaving that on was a really bad miscalculation from Wilson.

Anyway, nice clearance from O'Sullivan to force the decider. This will be a real test of Wilson's mental strength now. :smile:

Comment

• I wouldn't say kyren as slowed down the pace, Ronnie has played quiet methodical for his usual standards

Comment

• Gutted for Wilson, he should of won this

Comment

• What a jammy scroat O'Sullivan is.
          :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

• The left handed pink with screw to split the reds was just gorgeous.

Comment

• 2018 Champion of Champions

turned into a good final session
              shame for Kyren but ROS pulled it out
              not the cleanest play but some nice breaks

Chad - did you enjoy the event? what stands out to you?
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
                What a jammy scroat O'Sullivan is.
                Plus 1000 to that !

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Gutted for Wilson, he should of won this
                  Such a weird game, has anyone ever looked less happy to have won?

It sounds weird, but some of the shots ROS was taking on, it was almost like he was forcing himself to take on low percentage shots because he was so angry at himself and the way he was playing, either to try and spark some form or to prove to himself he deserved it.

Of course in reality the above is probably rubbish, he just doesn't cope with pressure as well as he used to...but still held on for the win somehow!

I feel Kyron could get him next time they meet in a final though, he fought back really well and just lost his nerve / had bad luck at the end.

Comment

• Another final defeat for Wilson then, and I suspect this one will be tough to take with everything that happened in the last two frames. He did have his chance to win 10-8 though...

Well played to O'Sullivan, clearly this kind of tournament suits him really well. Tonight reminded me a little of the way he won the first Champion of Champions in 2013, when he had some outrageous luck to avoid defeat against Ding, but I guess you can't argue with a century in the decider. :smile:

Comment

• When the match is over and the players are taking the applause, what are the crowd who are shouting "Go on, Ronnie!" wanting him to do, exactly?
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        When the match is over and the players are taking the applause, what are the crowd who are shouting "Go on, Ronnie!" wanting him to do, exactly?
                        Smile maybe ;-)

Comment

• Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                          Smile maybe ;-)
                          Was that a cheeky middle finger when holding the trophy there???

Comment

• Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                            Smile maybe ;-)

He also completely misunderstood why the crowd were jeering at Wilson's comments about playing badly. It was a "Don't be silly, you put up a great fight" jeer. Not a "That's disrespectful to your opponent" jeer.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post

He also completely misunderstood why the crowd were jeering at Wilson's comments about playing badly. It was a "Don't be silly, you put up a great fight" jeer. Not a "That's disrespectful to your opponent" jeer.
                              Yes, I'd agree, that's how I interpreted it, but I don't hold that against ROS, I agree he misread it, but was just trying to say what he thought was the right thing (I think). They were clearly both frustrated at the end, but that's the beauty of sport in many ways, how such talented professionals can come completely unstuck under pressure!

Comment

• Well, another tournament comes to an end. Where does Rasson go from here is the big question. I don’t know how to create a poll/opinion thread about which table they’d prefer going forward. As, star’s contract ends soon. Someone creating this thread would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X