2018 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    What about when angry\seething and under pressure?
    Judd? I don't think I've ever seen him angry/seething - or anything even approaching. He doesn't have that kind of temperament.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      looking forward to tomorrow's match
      well done Eden Sharav for his run through this event and his biggest pay cheque
      He won??? Man that must have been some turn around. What on earth happened?
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        No he lost, but he won a few frames. I think Dean was just congratulating him on getting to the semi

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          No he lost, but he won a few frames. I think Dean was just congratulating him on getting to the semi
          Ah! I must confess I had to go look up the score after reading it. Maybe I should have done that before I posted.

Tomorow's final could be a corker!

Comment

• Do hear a lot of nonsense about Trump's temperament and technique. Seems to handle pressure as well as most- all these deep runs and tournament wins don't happen by chance. His technique has given him more success than most players of his generation. He is always going to miss more than some, because he takes on more shots.

Looking forward to the final, could be a corker.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
              Do hear a lot of nonsense about Trump's temperament and technique. Seems to handle pressure as well as most- all these deep runs and tournament wins don't happen by chance.
              But this is exactly why he's gained a reputation as a bottler - deep runs, yes, but then he falls.

I like the lad. The only unfair reputation he has in my opinion, is the one of being arrogant and big-headed. He's clearly quite a shy lad and I believe it is this that people are misinterpreting as arrogance.

Comment

Judd? I don't think I've ever seen him angry/seething - or anything even approaching. He doesn't have that kind of temperament.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PZLQcb6tpM

Comment

• That wasn't his finest moment, but Carrington had an easy couple of reds and colours to win, so whilst ungracious, didn't really affect anything. I remember Ronnie conceding against Hendry when Hendry still needed 4 or 5 frames, and Jimmy smashing balls off the table in the World Championships against Matthew Stevens. Other players have broken bones giving the table a whack in frustration. It's all part of the entertainment. I'm hopeful the Judd is learning to retain some composure when things aren't going his way. Big test of that coming tomorrow.

Comment

• I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player not lose their cool at a snooker table. It’s part of the nature of the game to get frustrated

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                      Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      Ah! I must confess I had to go look up the score after reading it. Maybe I should have done that before I posted.

Tomorow's final could be a corker!
                      so sorry for the confusion :blush:
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                        I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player not lose their cool at a snooker table. It’s part of the nature of the game to get frustrated
                        really?
                        Ronnie whacking his cue on the rail to nearly breaking point?
                        Ebdon throwing his cue down to the floor?
                        Jimmy throwing his cue to the floor?
                        Many others having a whack at a shot?
                        Many many more.... (could start a whole thread...)

Don't watch much snooker do you :biggrin::wink:
                        Last edited by DeanH; 18 November 2018, 11:45 AM. Reason: apologies I need to get some new glasses! :D

Comment

• Hmm... :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            really?
                            Ronnie whacking his cue on the rail to nearly breaking point?
                            Ebdon throwing his cue down to the floor?
                            Jimmy throwing his cue to the floor?
                            Many others having a whack at a shot?
                            Many many more.... (could start a whole thread...)

Don't watch much snooker do you :biggrin::wink:
                            think you mis-read what he wrote dean hahaha

Comment

• Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                              think you mis-read what he wrote dean hahaha
                              OH! For **********
                              I didn't did I!
                              I need to go back to sleep!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                                That wasn't his finest moment, but Carrington had an easy couple of reds and colours to win, so whilst ungracious, didn't really affect anything. I remember Ronnie conceding against Hendry when Hendry still needed 4 or 5 frames, and Jimmy smashing balls off the table in the World Championships against Matthew Stevens. Other players have broken bones giving the table a whack in frustration. It's all part of the entertainment. I'm hopeful the Judd is learning to retain some composure when things aren't going his way. Big test of that coming tomorrow.
                                Yes, I watched that match, it was purely frustration about his game and I don't really mind it, it can happen to anyone and it's probably the only time he reacted like that, I just posted it because someone said that he never saw Judd angry or frustrated

Comment

Working...
                                X