2018 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Agreed totally and he's hardly pizzed in a flower pot or chinned a ref has he [...]
    No, but he is moaning about a sport which last week paid him a figure, a six-day a week factory worker can only dream of over the entire year, doing a job they probably hate.

And yes, he might've alluded to this very fact in his tweet, but still.
    Last edited by Billy; 13 November 2018, 11:09 PM.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

The scheduling is amateurish beyond belief though. Wilson, Allen and Robertson went deep the two weeks before (the first in China) and two of them played Monday.

He is was well within reason to have pulled out of the IO, whereas Allen had that obligation and should have played today...

Comment

Ballsy decider by Robbo!!!

Jimmy was about to win from what I saw score-wise

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          No, but he is moaning about a sport which last week paid him a figure, a six-day a week factory worker can only dream of over the entire year, doing a job they probably hate.
          And a factory worker is living the life of bloody luxury compared to someone making trainers in sweatshops for a penny a day, or living on a rubbish dump in India. Almost every situation could be worse, but that doesn't mean everyone should be a stoic.

Comment

Actually, he calls it a game - more than once too!

Comment

Agreed totally and he's hardly pizzed in a flower pot or chinned a ref has he [...]

And yes, he might've alluded to this very fact in his tweet, but still.
              For me that shows he appreciates the pay but the win would mean everything to him, as it should to any sportsman.

If the draw was given a small amount of thought he could have prepared better to try for a win again this week, getting straight back on the horse so to speak.

I believe the sport needs guys like Kyren who work hard on their game to break through. Small differences can go a long way.
              Last edited by Cue crafty; 14 November 2018, 09:01 AM.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                Agreed totally and he's hardly pizzed in a flower pot or chinned a ref has he, so let's give the guy a break.
                Seems like reasons not to give him a break....
                Yes, a new maverick would be welcome. They would need a huge talent to back it up though.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  Ronnie's breaks this afternoon against Soheil Vahedi, 86, 111, 116, 108. What can you do. :cower:

-
                  The two last centuries came after big unforced errors from Vahedi.
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

who is the commentator talking about Ronnie, Mark Selby or the referee Malgorzata Kanieska (not sure who the commentator is though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rDElZRL_Po
                    Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

On the subject of the schedule.
                      A little common sense could have gone a long way.
                      Unfortunately sense is no longer common in today's world...
                      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                      National Snooker Expo
                      25-27 October 2019
                      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                        who is the commentator talking about Ronnie, Mark Selby or the referee Malgorzata Kanieska (not sure who the commentator is though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rDElZRL_Po
                        that is Rob Walker doing a stint for BBC Wales
                        we saw him walking around the arena and then disappearing into the commentary box.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I don't think Ronnie O'Sullivan's stance & technique gets the recognition it deserves.It must be incredibly difficult to cue correctly with that enormous chip on his shoulder.
                          :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

https://i.imgur.com/wz08yfJ.png

So, basically they started playing almost 4 hours ago. Imagine playing 10 seconds slower than Ebdon. This needs to be stopped ASAP.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by adebisi10; 14 November 2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Lee Walker always plays slow
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

That's not an excuse

Comment

Working...
                                X