• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Just. Wow.
    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      I have this ridiculous belief I can influence a match by watching/not watching - I probably need psychological help - so when Mark levelled at 5-5 from nowhere it was, in my mind, because I'd switched channels and wasn't watching it. I kept doing the same thing throughout that decider and it seemed to be helping Mark. But then when Maguire lost position on the final red I made the mistake of sticking with the game as I could see no other shot than a safety... and he knocks in a double to take the match!

Sorry, Mark
      Lol. That made me laugh.

Comment

• That was a lovely match of snooker. :smile: Maguire said it was maybe his best-ever comeback, and that may very well be true. He's been a tremendous front-runner over the years, but I can only remember one other match where he's come from behind like this and won it, against Graeme Dott in the Masters quite a few years ago now. Hopefully he continues to play this well at the business end of the Championship. :smile:

Comment

• What a cracking match that was, in stark contrast to the much hyped pot fest on the other table. Very immature performance from Jack.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
            Lol. That made me laugh.
            Wait. Are you saying I can't influence the outcome of a match??
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              That was a lovely match of snooker. :smile: Maguire said it was maybe his best-ever comeback, and that may very well be true. He's been a tremendous front-runner over the years, but I can only remember one other match where he's come from behind like this and won it, against Graeme Dott in the Masters quite a few years ago now. Hopefully he continues to play this well at the business end of the Championship. :smile:
              Great match. I was going to post yesterday about Maguire not being able to make a century break in tournament play and he goes and hits 3 in a row from being 4 nil down. What is it they say about buses?
              John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if the supposed best prospect of the last16 turned out to be the least exciting match of the round. :wink:

Meanwhile, superb stuff from Maguire on the other table to pull it back to 4-3.
                Neither Allen - Robertson nor Wilson - Hawkins haven't played yet. :wink:
                Last edited by JimMalone; 5 December 2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
                  What is it they say about buses?
                  Now come on, Maguire is not that big.

Comment

• *Bump*

Very slick and assured performance. Looks unbeatable imo.

Comment

• Ronnie that is😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                        Neither Allen - Robertson nor Wilson - Hawkins haven't played yet. :wink:
                        You have those as candidates for the least exciting match? :smile: I'm thinking Tom Ford against Lu Ning is the weakest link... :smile:

Comment

• After being 0-4 down I would never have thought Maguire would come back to win this. He was never a good comeback player, but for once his nerves seemed to be good enough to win a close encounter.

Watched most of the Lisowski - O'Sullivan match and once again Lisowskis weaknesses showed. He is soo sloppy at times and misses easy pots. Even worse it is with his safety game though. He plays them so vague and almost always after one or two shots left O'Sullivan in with a good chance.
                          Ronnie made enough errors early on that Lisowski had a good chance for a 3-1 lead before the interval, but he just made far to many mistakes and as usually O'Sullivan made his opponent pay for it.

Comment

You have those as candidates for the least exciting match? :smile: I'm thinking Tom Ford against Lu Ning is the weakest link... :smile:
                            Nope. Those two matches for me were and are the best prospects of this round.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                              Nope. Those two matches for me were and are the best prospects of this round.
                              Right. :smile:

Comment

• Marcel Marceau just respotted the pink incorrectly. Its spot was covered with reds, but there was room for it to go on the top side of the red, rather than below it, meaning it would have been closer to its spot.
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X