No announcement yet.

2019 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a horrible performance from Stuart Bingham and Jack Lisowski! I am speechless.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Bit of a mystery to me how Jack is in top 16 !
      Semi final at the International probably paid alot. He seems to get to the later stages of a few of the minor events, without ever looking like winning them. I think he is a case in point that the overall standard isn't as high as some people suggest it is (compared to previous eras etc), not in terms of the depth of talent anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
        Semi final at the International probably paid alot. He seems to get to the later stages of a few of the minor events, without ever looking like winning them. I think he is a case in point that the overall standard isn't as high as some people suggest it is (compared to previous eras etc), not in terms of the depth of talent anyway.
        Plus 15k in the UK and another 11k in the European Masters helps him to move up the rankings. The way the system works is a few good wins help you to move up the rankings. If you look at the current season rankings Jack is No 8!

Comment

Any chance that O'Sullivan can get through a match without moaning about distractions from the crowd/commentary box/practice area/photographers/referee or random acts of God?
          :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

I think the issue yesterday was watching himself on the monitors
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

"...looking for his eighth consecutive Masters quarterfinal..."
              Robertson was not at the Masters last year so how can it be consecutive?

Last edited by DeanH; 15 January 2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Does Dennis Taylor think Cliff Thorburn invented EVERY shot in snooker?
                :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
                  Does Dennis Taylor think Cliff Thorburn invented EVERY shot in snooker?
                  The dump shot, the 2 cushion glancing escape, plus the fluked red to get a 147 ? anymore lol

Comment

The thunder has risen from down under!

Comment

Some sloppy play from Williams to basically gift Robertson two frames, but also impressive stuff from Robertson after the interval. He is clearly desperate to have some success here and it's nice to see that in him again. :smile:

Comment

lesson in life, don't go on a cruise and only practice for four days before a major big money event

Robertson stuck in there from 3-1 down at MSI, great to see

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          lesson in life, don't go on a cruise and only practice for four days before a major big money event

Robertson stuck in there from 3-1 down at MSI, great to see
                          When he missed the easy brown to go 4-1 up I wonder if he had a cheeky little thought of "I've been sipping beers on a liner having the time of my life with no practice and now I'm at the Masters 4-1up against Robertson, cracking" ooops.....
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

When SD is in the studio doing his punditry he's okay to listen to - quite articulate, save for his constant use of the phrase "All of a sudden" - so why when he gets in the commentary box does he start talking like he's had a good portion of his brain removed??
                            Last edited by Billy; 15 January 2019, 08:47 PM.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              Somewhat disappointingly, it's been his attitude all season hasn't it? seems to have been on one long world championship winning party. But I suppose that's MJW for you.

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                                When he missed the easy brown to go 4-1 up I wonder if he had a cheeky little thought of "I've been sipping beers on a liner having the time of my life with no practice and now I'm at the Masters 4-1up against Robertson, cracking" ooops.....
                                I think there's a good chance you're absolutely spot on there. :smile:

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X