Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Talking of pronunciation, surely it's Lis(OV)ski and not Lis(OW)ski ?
    You mean if you wanted to pronounce it like a Polish person would? Then yes, you are correct. The Polish "w" is the equivalent of the English "v", while the letter "v" does not exist in the Polish alphabet. Also, the "s" would not turn into a "z" sound, and the syllable "sow" would rhyme with "low" rather than "cow".

Edit: Actually, it wouldn't rhyme because w turns into v, but you get the point. :smile:
    Gets even trickier as I have heard that when many polish came over before/during the war they changed the spelling of their names to the sounds in English.
    My sister's first husband was a Robaczynski - which I was told they changed from original spelling.

Anyway snooker final about to start
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Dominic stressing it's important Bingham gets a frame on the board quickly. Calm down Dom. Someone had to win the opening frame
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        Dominic stressing it's important Bingham gets a frame on the board quickly. Calm down Dom. Someone had to win the opening frame
        He's right though. Bingham has now lost 12 consecutive frames against Robertson. Mentally it would be important to win one of the first few in this match and at least not be 0-4 down at the interval.

Comment

• Think that fist pump though a bit ironic also showed that he was really relieved to get that frame finally.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            He's right though. Bingham has now lost 12 consecutive frames against Robertson.
            Yeah, fair play. I bow to his better knowledge. Clearly called it right judging on how things have gone.

This BBC W presenter, however, is God-awful! He clearly has no interest in, or knowledge of, the game.
            Last edited by Billy; 17 February 2019, 02:34 PM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              On a side note this BBC W presenter is God-awful! He clearly has no interest in, or knowledge of, the game.
              Willie Thorne or Darren Morgan?

Comment

• 2-1, but I have the feeling that that if Robbo does not lose concentration anymore the evening session will be short

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Willie Thorne or Darren Morgan?
                  No, the presenter. Don't know his name.

Bingham entitled to play for 4 snookers, of course, but I don't think he won himself many fans there. Had that been Robertson or Selby there'd have been cries of gamesmanship.

Comment

• Robertson is looking sharp

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hey View Post
                      Robertson is looking sharp
                      And it's great to see. I think over the last 3-4 seasons Robertson has been just about the only person who couldn't see something was missing from his game.

Comment

• If Robertson wins this sixth frame it's game over I think.

Comment

• 2019 Welsh Open

the monitors in the arena do not do replays, would love to see a replay of the Bingham swerve plant.

ah come on Bingham!
                          Last edited by DeanH; 17 February 2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• The 5-3-lead at (virtual) halftime could be a dangerous result for Robertson. He will feel that he could have had an even bigger lead. On the contrary Bingham will be relieved to be still within striking distance and as always he will put on a tough fight.

Comment

• Can't work out if Bingo just wants it's too much? Some of his mistakes and misses are getting hard to explain.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Not often I agree with Willie Thorne , but that was Selby like from Robertson in the way he went negative . Can’t believe that he didn’t play the black with 2 reds left , and chose to play the brown . Didn’t even get the brown safe .
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X