No announcement yet.

2019 Snooker Shoot-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Ronnie is going to be there commentating, he might as well play ! The point of a top player not playing is so they can rest at home

Comment

I can't stand that this is now a ranking event, but I know I'm not going to change it.

I haven't watched any of it since it became a ranker. It just makes me so angry that this can be considered a ranking event. Why can't it just be a non-ranker fun event like it used to be?

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
        I think it's a shame that it's an event.
        What? Is it an event?

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          Actually, all four players who have an average shot time of over 30 seconds this season have entered this event. In fact, the 25 slowest players on the tour have all entered it! On the other hand, five of the ten fastest players are missing. :smile:
          Just out of interest - who are the four players in question? Ebdon I guess, but the other three?

Comment

Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
            If Ronnie is going to be there commentating, he might as well play ! The point of a top player not playing is so they can rest at home
            Perhaps he gets more out of commentating than "resting" at home ...

Comment

Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
              Just out of interest - who are the four players in question? Ebdon I guess, but the other three?
              Ebdon is actually only the 9th slowest player on the tour with an average shot time of 29.29 seconds. The four slowest are Lee Walker, Rod Lawler, Lukas Kleckers and Jak Jones. Jones is now on 29.99, so there are in fact only three players over 30 seconds now. :smile:

Comment

Jones is now on 29.99, so there are in fact only three players over 30 seconds now. :smile:
                Not surprising after the shoot-out

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                  Not surprising after the shoot-out
                  Yep, everyone involved will drop a little after this event, even Thepchaiya Un-Nooh. :smile:

Comment

Why do players display their offspring at every opportunity, like some damn trophy? Do they think they've done something clever by throwing their seed up someone?
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      Why do players display their offspring at every opportunity, like some damn trophy? Do they think they've done something clever by throwing their seed up someone?
                      Perhaps it's just something that's found its way into snooker from football - an attempt to create a family atmosphere ....

Comment

Perhaps it's just something that's found its way into snooker from football - an attempt to create a family atmosphere ....
                        Maybes. No less annoying, though. It's like they're expecting a pat on the back or something.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Ebdon is actually only the 9th slowest player on the tour with an average shot time of 29.29 seconds. The four slowest are Lee Walker, Rod Lawler, Lukas Kleckers and Jak Jones. Jones is now on 29.99, so there are in fact only three players over 30 seconds now. :smile:
                          How is the average shot time actually calculated - on the basis of ranking (or all) tournaments in the current season, or is some other method used?

Comment

How is the average shot time actually calculated - on the basis of ranking (or all) tournaments in the current season, or is some other method used?
                            "Average Shot Time (AST) – The average time taken by a player on each shot recorded using World Snooker scoring system."

I assume that means all World Snooker events in the 2018/2019 season.

Comment

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!! That's never going to get boring is it......
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

In addition to Odrl above, from what I have seen is the shot time starts as the frame starts, when scoreboard changes to new player, then as each scoring pot is added to the board, stops when change of player (end of turn), and end of match.
                                I have wondered on the scoring system and timing as often the referee's clicker to add a score doesnot work and the referee has to add multiple scores to catch up - I assume this evens out in the end
                                Last edited by DeanH; 21 February 2019, 08:22 PM.
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X