No announcement yet.

Players Championship 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The commentator on Eurosport has a very....... annoying way of...... speaking, leaving..... long...... gaps after...... almost...... every word. It's really difficult to listen to. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      The commentator on Eurosport has a very....... annoying way of...... speaking, leaving..... long...... gaps after...... almost...... every word. It's really difficult to listen to. :smile:
      That is...... the.... way........ of Phil Yates........ the most....... annoying....... snooker commentator................ ever.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
        That is...... the.... way........ of Phil Yates........ the most....... annoying....... snooker commentator................ ever.
        Sounds .......... like ........... Steve .................... Davis .................too.............................. ..................................ZZZ

Comment

If Phil Yates had an arsehole transplant operation.....it would reject him.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Weird match... Higgins played some excellent safety at times to give himself chances, but he couldn't make a break of 20 when he was in, so it didn't count for anything in the end. On the other hand, O'Sullivan was second best in the safety throughout the match, but he took his chances well when he got them. He might need to raise his game to have a chance in the semi-finals though.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              It's tough for me to imagine what exactly this is supposed to mean, but I agree with the sentiment. :smile:

Comment

Into the semi finals

Allen vs OSullivan

NRobertson vs Trump

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Sounds .......... like ........... Steve .................... Davis .................too.............................. ..................................ZZZ
                  Perhaps,, they went,, to the William Shatner school of,, diction and,, inflection

KHAAAAAAAN!!
                  Chris from Canada

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                    Hahahahahaha...
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I was always afraid to air my opinion on Mr. Yates...
                    Very relieved to know I'm not the only one who thinks he's a complete xxxx
                    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019
                    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Railfan87 View Post
                      Perhaps,, they went,, to the William Shatner school of,, diction and,, inflection

KHAAAAAAAN!!
                      But Captain James T. Kirk is cool

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        I'd......... argue....... it........ was......... Clive.......... Everton. The man I refer to as 'Commentator for the Blind' because of his annoying habit of describing the shot we've just that second watched.

Judd Trump pots red and lands nicely on the black. Clive Everton: "So..... Trump pots the red and safely negotiates position on the black."

Yeah, thanks, Clive. I'd have been lost if you hadn't explained it so well.
                        Last edited by Billy; 8 March 2019, 09:45 PM.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Yeah, Clive Everton definitely talks in that manner as well, although he is not quite as bad as the guy on Eurosport this afternoon. I don't know his name unfortunately, but it is definitely not anyone that was mentioned in this thread. :smile:

Anyway, nice win for Robertson. He must have been under pressure after the way Trump played in the first four frames, but he handled it very well tonight and dominated the rest of the match.

Comment

"If Ronnie gets through, it will be an all Aussie final".............................. Love it.

Comment

I am a A grade player, coach and referee so i have had to deal with the miss issue quite a bit in play and teaching. The rule states clearly "best of the players ability"
                              Now as you said about a level playing field. A good player is playing a bad player so he has virtually won anyway most of the time without a start on points handicap. So if the lesser player is not called miss when he was close, dosent this make it a bit more EVEN against a player like me? who put him in the snooker. The lesser player compared to my attempt out of a snooker will be expected to be less skilled UNLESS as a ref, i know that player and he might be a great billiards player but crap at snooker. THEN i would expect him to negotiate the cue ball out of snookers better than maybe the A grade player he is playing against. I have to use best judgement and YES its a bit subjective when so much is riding on a eg world championship.
                              Its not about opinions on this rule- the wording is clear- So as a ref you have to consider the players skill level and if he made a good enough attempt out of the snooker. NOW, if the profession refs in england have discussed this behind closed doors in how they will approach this rule, THEN i dont know about that. I not going to speculate just quote the rule as it is written..

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                                Best of his ability - was that first attempt the best of O'Sullivans ability? No, of course it wasn't so F & M all day. You also say "So reality is when i snooker my opponent needing 4 snookers, i can just let him miss 10 times!" Brush up on your rules knowledge, if snookers are required, the ref couldn't call a miss anyway, unless of course it was classed as deliberate.

Giving a player of a lesser ability more latitude in the same match is also nonsense. That wouldn't be a level playing field then would it!
                                I am a A grade player, coach and referee so i have had to deal with the miss issue quite a bit in play and teaching. The rule states clearly "best of the players ability"
                                Now as you said about a level playing field. A good player is playing a bad player so he has virtually won anyway most of the time without a start on points handicap. So if the lesser player is not called miss when he was close, dosent this make it a bit more EVEN against a player like me? who put him in the snooker. The lesser player compared to my attempt out of a snooker will be expected to be less skilled UNLESS as a ref, i know that player and he might be a great billiards player but crap at snooker. THEN i would expect him to negotiate the cue ball out of snookers better than maybe the A grade player he is playing against. I have to use best judgement and YES its a bit subjective when so much is riding on a eg world championship.
                                Its not about opinions on this rule- the wording is clear- So as a ref you have to consider the players skill level and if he made a good enough attempt out of the snooker. NOW, if the profession refs in england have discussed this behind closed doors in how they will approach this rule, THEN i dont know about that. I not going to speculate just quote the rule as it is written..

Original Source: Players Championship 2019 http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz5hdczwY9s
                                - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
                                Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X