No announcement yet.

Players Championship 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a z- grade player, but even i know you have to actually hit the ball nowadays. If you don't, it's a miss.

I thought it was as simple as this in modern times...?

Comment

Yes at the top level perhaps they do this so its kept consistent BUT the rule in the book still stands regardless of everyones opinions (bit like the true god! haha) So at D grade comp or O'sullivan against Judd, still the rule says "best of the player ability" so if you are ref a game at any level, you must follow the rules and look at the attempt and be FAIR and impartial as to how good that player could have got out of it. Gold suffers also from rules that people forget exactly what they are. I remember in a pro am i was playing with a pro in our group with 3 other reg players and one guy tried to drop out of a lateral water hazzard backwards from where it entered. I told him he can only drop 2 club lengths from red line with penalty UNLESS, he wants to go behind the hazard and then he can go back as far as he wants all the way to the tee box! if he wants . So people use word of mouth and slowly rules get changed in peoples minds and mistakes are made. Every player should buy the small rule book and study it as you can like golf, use the book to help you in some situations.
      Side note- As of Jan 2019 Golf has changed many rules and no more red / yellow water hazard anymore- lots of other nonsense too that dosent make a lot of sense but will speed up play.

Comment

I believe in the Professional game the referees have discussed - not just for English refs but all - that a Pro player (how many steps above an A-grade player is that?) has the ability to get out of 99.9% (my figure, not official ) of snookers; so a Miss will be called in 99.9% of cases - but each adjudged on its own circumstances. Hence we hardly see in a pro match the referee NOT call a miss, but they do every now and then
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Brilliant match last night. Top quality. Been a while since i've seen such a top level game as that

Comment

Originally Posted by jimev View Post
            Brilliant match last night. Top quality. Been a while since i've seen such a top level game as that
            It was indeed. It's great to see Robbo believing in his game again.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Not usually a big fan of Robbo, but something was different about him yesterday. Maybe it was his pace around the table or his smoothened something out, but I found myself rooting for him, and I'm a pretty big Judd Trump supporter.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                Not usually a big fan of Robbo, but something was different about him yesterday. Maybe it was his pace around the table or his smoothened something out, but I found myself rooting for him, and I'm a pretty big Judd Trump supporter.
                I suspect it's because he seems to have given up his Selby-like tactics of trying to disrupt players when they're dominating him. Gone is the slow play and extended toilet breaks. Now he simply does what he does best and gets on with it, with a real belief he can mount a comeback with one-visit wins.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Would anyone have a link for this evening's session?

Comment

It's on ITV4 if that's of any help.

Do you get the British channels over there.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't - thought there would be some way to watch it on the web.

Comment

A quick google pulled up this.

http://www.desifree.tv/itv-4/

Comment

Maybe this one too.

https://tvplayer.com/

Comment

Facebook link for the match if it is of use to anyone
                            https://www.facebook.com/SnookerArse...6631766609402/

Comment

Clive: "Not only has every seat be sold for this match, but even those with a restricted view have gone as well."

Cue the floor camera showing 50+ empty corner seats in the background

Comment

the facebook link works fine thank you. Wow Mark Allen really gained some weight and Ronnie seemed to lose some.

Comment

Working...
                                X