2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
    Wow didn't realize how many haters we have in here - was enjoying the forum quite a bit until the final days of the WC. Go and hide in your little holes you groundhogs!

Judd - arrogance? I was thinking he didn't seem excited or emotional after the win! I would have accepted him breaking down or banging the table or anything for that matter after a win like that.

John - class act...says he got away with not paying for a seat watching the final in his interview. Have your opinions but you CANNOT deny the class and the game of the man.
    +1
    Nicely put
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      +1 to that!!!!!

Come on main forum, snooker Lovers, add your plus one to this.

If you love snooker, I can see no possible way of not appreciating Judds win, there is boyhood talent, complimented by a desire to entertain people, then ultimately a stronger desire to knuckle down,practice hard, strengthen all areas of his game in order to win more....

What's not to like or disrespect here ?

Dickwad numptys answer below......
      Lots of people have said he will never win, and now they are not happy
      He has the wrong management
      He goes on holiday mid season
      He uses the wrong chalk
      The only reason he ever has good results is because of his natural talent and he is wasting it
      In the long format WC's it will show that he does not work hard enough
      He has too many sports cars
      He has got no bottle

on and on and on...

Judd Trump World Champion sounds great to me. Not a classic final but the standard was amazing

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        +1 to that!!!!!

Come on main forum, snooker Lovers, add your plus one to this.

If you love snooker, I can see no possible way of not appreciating Judds win, there is boyhood talent, complimented by a desire to entertain people, then ultimately a stronger desire to knuckle down,practice hard, strengthen all areas of his game in order to win more....

What's not to like or disrespect here ?

Dickwad numptys answer below......
        +1 to that!!!!!

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
          Lots of people have said he will never win, and now they are not happy
          He has the wrong management
          He goes on holiday mid season
          He uses the wrong chalk
          The only reason he ever has good results is because of his natural talent and he is wasting it
          In the long format WC's it will show that he does not work hard enough
          He has too many sports cars
          He has got no bottle

on and on and on...

Judd Trump World Champion sounds great to me. Not a classic final but the standard was amazing
          You forgot to mention his crap cue action.

-
          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            You forgot to mention his crap cue action.

-
            I forgot to mention his hair and shoes well. I mean us snooker fans all look like Greek Gods with amazing fashion sense

Comment

• Does anyone know what the result of that outrageous fluke snooker that settled behind the pink (itself hanging over the pocket). I can’t remember the players, but it looked as close to an impossible-to-escape-from-snooker as I’ve ever seen.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Wow didn't realize how many haters we have in here - was enjoying the forum quite a bit until the final days of the WC. Go and hide in your little holes you groundhogs!

Judd - arrogance? I was thinking he didn't seem excited or emotional after the win! I would have accepted him breaking down or banging the table or anything for that matter after a win like that.

John - class act...says he got away with not paying for a seat watching the final in his interview. Have your opinions but you CANNOT deny the class and the game of the man.
                +1 some ludicrous and bitter comments over the past few days. If i was a mod i'd be swinging the ban hammer.

Comment

I forgot to mention his hair and shoes well. I mean us snooker fans all look like Greek Gods with amazing fashion sense
                  Oh, you too ay.

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

+1 that green he potted in the first frame was fantastic amongst a lot of great shots. Really nice to see him win the title.
                    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

As someone whos been to a fair few snooker events and actually has seen the inside of a gym in the past few years I always imagine an overweight pensioner in a unironed shirt and pair of crinkled jeans with no teeth and the fragrance of twenty lambert and butlers and five pints of newkie brown in him has written the disparaging comments about players appearances. You just laugh at them more than get annoyed by the pettiness.

Comment

• Also did anyone notice the death glare that 95 year old gave Dennis when he started waffling on about her?

Comment

• Originally Posted by sthelenssnooker1985 View Post
                          Bitterly disappointing, can't personally stand Judd or his arrogant attitude which he displayed to the full in his interview, not impressed with his smug brother either. Hopefully some of the other players will take him down a peg or two next season. All the best to John.
                          You joined the forum just to say this?

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                            I remember Ronnie's first WC win and when they shook hands at the end. I can't remember the exact words John Higgins said in Ronnie's ear but it was something along the lines of "Congratulations to your mum and dad". John and Ronnie were good friends and their parents knew each other so John was saying he knows Ronnie's mum and dad will be proud and passing on his best wishes. Ronnie mentions that in one of his books.

I didn't think Ronnie had the mindset to become a world champion and felt the same about Judd so it shows what I know. The game has changed a lot from the drawn out tactical battles and I'm still amazed how Judd could beat John in the safety game. I thought John's experience would keep it close but Judd is on his best form every. Well played to him and I hope he enjoys the next 12 months. £1m this season isn't too shabby.
                            500k for 17 days work ain't too bad either. Who I'd kill to be on £29,411 a day, or if you only count the days he's actually worked (12) £41,666 a day.

Bein facetious of course, more than 25 years of playing the game got him to that point, including 15 years on tour. Guy fully deserves the win.

I need to get down the club and practice. If anyone wants to pay 12 hours table time a day and food/accom for about twenty years I'll repay you when I win.

Comment

• Knew they would put some rubbish on at 8pm even though they could have shown a Snooker documentary. Let's keep as many viewers as possible by showing how teabags are made.
                              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
                                Also did anyone notice the death glare that 95 year old gave Dennis when he started waffling on about her?
                                Lol
                                I don't know if she had an ear piece but she did have a look! :biggrin:
                                At least he did not say the nicest person you could meet.
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X