Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stony152
    replied
    Just an FYI for those of you in continental Europe. Eurosport Player has both BBC feeds in addition to the normal feed with commentary in your country's language. At least that's how it is here in Poland.

Leave a comment:

• Glasgowpunter
    replied
    McManus is probably the only BBC employee that knows what is going on week in week out on the tour. Not sure why Eurosport only ever used him as a stand-in. Remember him running around the Crucible with a hoover a couple of years ago? 😂

Leave a comment:

• Glasgowpunter
    replied
    Can’t wait to get down there next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    I think he was for a while a couple of years ago or last year. At least I seem to remember that. Now he's on ITV and BBC coverage like Hendry. Foulds and Hallett are tolerable, but Johnson really needs to go. The problem is that none of the younger guys still on tour seem to be very good. Ebdon is probably going to be OK, but the few others I've heard are quite bad.
    I meant get him (McManus) on and keep him

Leave a comment:

• thommo335
    replied
    2019 World Snooker Championship

playing my own game here....every time Dennis Taylor says "doesn't matter about the (insert colour of missed ball) " I have a slug of beer....p*ssed before noon on a Saturday......

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    get McManus onto the ES team
    I think he was for a while a couple of years ago or last year. At least I seem to remember that. Now he's on ITV and BBC coverage like Hendry. Foulds and Hallett are tolerable, but Johnson really needs to go. The problem is that none of the younger guys still on tour seem to be very good. Ebdon is probably going to be OK, but the few others I've heard are quite bad.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    lovely black by Gould
    Yes, the safety before that was not good.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    Joe Johnson is terrible. I have no idea why Eurosport continues to employ him. Get some new blood in there. Same with the BBC. Thorne is out, Virgo is being phased out and Dennis Taylor should be next.
    get McManus onto the ES team

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    lovely black by Gould

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    many a time we comment on a commentator mispronouncing a player's name, often with a Chinese or Thai player, but a British commentator mispronouncing a British player name?!
    Johnson - "Gold" for Gould (as in cooled)
    Joe Johnson is terrible. I have no idea why Eurosport continues to employ him. Get some new blood in there. Same with the BBC. Thorne is out, Virgo is being phased out and Dennis Taylor should be next.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    3 mins for this shot Williams, really

Leave a comment:

• herbie
    replied
    Hazel does that too.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    many a time we comment on a commentator mispronouncing a player's name, often with a Chinese or Thai player, but a British commentator mispronouncing a British player name?!
    Johnson - "Gold" for Gould (as in cooled)

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    The pockets are not tight.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    nice 131 from Brecel

Leave a comment:

Working...
X