Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odrl
    replied
    Another great session of snooker. Even though it looks like the scoreline won't be particularly close in the end, this will still go down as one of the most memorable World finals ever. They've already broken the record for most centuries in a single match, and there could still be one or two more. :smile:

Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
    When Ronnie won his first, the floodgates opened and he's won 5
    Well, I wouldn't really describe it in that way, because it actually took O'Sullivan three years to win his second title, then another four years to win his third, and again four years to win the other two. Selby might be the better example, having won all three of his titles in only four years. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• snookerball
    replied
    Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
    Was hoping for 15-10 as that would have given John a glimmer of hope but now it's just a case of him getting the first few frames to make an evening of it. Would be nice to get to the mid session interval just to see what the BBC has lined up. I don't see Judd getting any winning line nerves so tonight could be over very quickly.
    It'll be shot of the championship announcement.

The feature on Terry Griffiths was great. Shame to see him semi-retire from coaching, one of the best coaches about and aided some of the best in the game. So admiral that he looked back on his own early career and what he would have like then decided to try and provide it future generations (mental coaching), he along with several others from his era have undoubtedly had a great impact on the improvement we've seen in the game over the years. It can sometimes be forgotten among the new stars of snooker, but guys like Terry and Ray Reardon are partly responsible.

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied
    When Ronnie won his first, the floodgates opened and he's won 5

I think 3 is realistic for Judd if he wins this one

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied
    that shot by Judd was insane, insane

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    Was hoping for 15-10 as that would have given John a glimmer of hope but now it's just a case of him getting the first few frames to make an evening of it. Would be nice to get to the mid session interval just to see what the BBC has lined up. I don't see Judd getting any winning line nerves so tonight could be over very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
    If as many of us suspect Judd goes on to win 4,5 or 6 titles this could really be looked back on as a changing of the guard moment
    You'd be surprised how many people on this forum wrote off Judd's chances of ever winning a title.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    That John Higgins is out there smiling and enjoying him, and not beating himself up says alot about the standard Judd is producing. Completely unplayable. I don't think I've ever seen a match at the Crucible where a player has produced such a consistently high standard. All that, and he's entertained the crowd so much at the same time. This, for me, goes down as one of the truly great crucible performances. As someone else said, for this match we've seen a new standard for snooker.

Leave a comment:

• snookerball
    replied
    Absolute great to see John and Judd willing eachother on in their maximum attempts. Would have been great if one or both of them could have made it but alas it was not to be. Think Hendry's absolutely right that this loss won't hurt John as much as the Williams and Selby ones, but I reckon it will still hurt him. Can't see him retiring after the tournament though.

If as many of us suspect Judd goes on to win 4,5 or 6 titles this could really be looked back on as a changing of the guard moment
    Last edited by snookerball; 6 May 2019, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Hear Hear! Fantastic stuff.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    what great sportsmanship between the two players
    what great sport they are giving us

I hope the evening does take more than two frames

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied
    sharing the session was as good as winning it for Trump

2 frames away. He would need a Jana Novotna like mental meltdown to lose from here

Great snooker from both players, really high quality stuff, especially compared to most matches this championship

Leave a comment:

• neuronic
    replied
    Great session, great final.... surely one of the most entertaining finals I remember

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Wow! Ridiculous prediction from SD on that second-to-last red, and then Judd gets down and plays exactly that shot!

Hard luck, Judd.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    evening session at 7pm UK assured

great session this has been

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
    Am at work buddy
    Raking in the overtime ehh
    You can follow it here you know http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...mpionship-2019

Leave a comment:

Working...
X