2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Will this be the biggest shock in Crucible history? if/when Cahill wins?
    I don't think he will... but no.
    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

It may have been if RO had played with any care or desire to win. As it is, no, not much of a shock afaic. The demons have been busy in O’Sillivan’s head.
      Last edited by Billy; 23 April 2019, 11:40 AM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• All about his nerves now...
        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Ronnie was taking some absolute liberties with his shot selections in this frame

Comment

• That last red wasn't too shabby considering the pressure.
            Congratulations to James Cahill. Never expected this.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              It may have been if RO had played with any care or desire to win. As it is, no, not much of a shock afaic. The demons have been busy in O’Sillivan’s head.
              He looks exhausted today - wonder if he hasn't liked being expected to do well. Again.

Comment

It's definitely right up there. And I'd actually say yes. An amateur defeating O'Sullivan in the first round.
                It's at least on par with Knowles over Davis in 1982, Bingham over Hendry in 2000 or Wasley over Ding in 2014.

Comment

• Awesome OS is gone

Comment

• Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                    Ronnie was taking some absolute liberties with his shot selections in this frame
                    I think maybe he's decided to go all out attack and entertainment for the fans. Some of his shot choices reminded me a bit of Alex Higgins- unfortunately the end result echoed Higgins as well.

Comment

• wow, what gumption to play those last balls, I wonder if his cue felt like a noodle?
                      what a result.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes, no doubt about it.

Comment

• I've also to say that while his nerves were great and he played some superb shots I'm not as impressed with Cahill as many others seem to be. He made plenty of mistakes and questionable decisions.

Comment

• It’s going to bug me now how much Hazel and the boys are going to go on and on about this. Already calling it the biggest shock in Crucible history. Why can’t they just call it for what it was? RO couldn’t possibly care less about this result.

In all sincerity this is not meant as disrespectful to Cahill, but RO practically handed him this match on a silver platter.
                            Last edited by Billy; 23 April 2019, 11:48 AM.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Damages his legacy for me this result. Ronnie given way too many plaudits for his season getting back to number one. He disrespects the game too much and this defeat is quite frankly embarrassing for him.

Not wanting to take anything away from Cahill cos he played well, but lets be honest Ronnie played like the amateur today.

Comment

• Well played, James Cahill!

Comment

Working...
                                X