2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    No , but will we have to listen to him on Eurosport ? I am not sure I want to , no idea if he is even well enough to sit on the couch [ Eurosport Couch that is ] .
    "calling Dr Peters, calling Dr Peters"
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      I don't know if I'm doing O'Sullivan an injustice here, but I got the feeling he purposefully got the haircut and came out in a "mean" mood to try to intimidate Cahill this morning
      He usually does get a haircut for the worlds, to be fair. I didn't think he looked at all well today and his post-match interview confirms it - whether it's partly psychosomatic or whether he's just picked up a virus or something, I dunno, but he did look exhausted even for an insomniac.

Cahill acknowledged he didn't play that well and if Ron had played at all well he'd have lost, but that's the nature of the game. I liked Cahill when he beat Ding in the UK(don't remember Selby) and wondered where he'd gone. Hopefully he appears more next season.

Comment

• As Ken mentioned Tony Knowles beating Steve Davis 10-1 in the first round when Davis was defending champion was a massive shock and I also recall the world N0 73 at the time Stefan Mazrocis beating Peter Ebdon 10-3 in the first round in 1997 when Ebdon was world N0 3. Mazrocis was having pints of larger as well during the match, which is not allowed now.
        Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
          ...Mazrocis was having pints of larger (sic) as well during the match, which is not allowed now.

...which is quite a pity IMHO
          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Speaking of Ebdon.... I'd have him win the next 5 World Championships, if it keeps him out of the commentary box.

Comment

• Better in every category

e93c7b17a8350405cbc7a73e9c23d60da950508c909b695bbd00002d3f6c22b0.png

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                Better in every category

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19213[/ATTACH]
                ...which tells you a lot about stats
                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Just looked this up out of curiosity
                  prize money for this year is shown below:[12]

Winner: £500,000
                  Runner-up: £200,000
                  Semifinal: £100,000
                  Quarterfinal: £50,000
                  Last 16: £30,000
                  Last 32: £20,000

Last 48: £15,000
                  Last 80: £10,000
                  Televised highest break: £10,000
                  Non-televised highest break: £1,000
                  Total: £2,231,000

As an Amateur will James be allowed to recieve anything?
                  Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Apart from the important one.....10-8!

OS's shot selections were very interesting . Not gung-ho, more blitzkrieg!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                      Speaking of Ebdon.... I'd have him win the next 5 World Championships, if it keeps him out of the commentary box.
                      Usually I watch a mixture of BBC and Eurosport coverage, but this year I've watched almost every minute on BBC. All I can say is that it's really mind numbing. I like Hendry and McManus, but the rest of the bunch is awful. Dennis Taylor in particular is way past his expiry date. I've always liked Virgo, but even he is sounding old and tired. It's cliche after cliche, with really very little interesting said about the players or the game. Parrott seems more and more pompous and Doherty is annoying speaking whatever language it is that he speaks. Steve Davis is OK with Hazel, but terrible in the commentary booth. And Ebdon has hit the ground running as a boring and annoying addition to the group.
                      I can say that I like Hendry, McManus, and Foulds and Dominic Dale is Ok. The rest are much more enjoyable on mute.

Comment

• Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                        Just looked this up out of curiosity
                        prize money for this year is shown below:[12]

Winner: £500,000
                        Runner-up: £200,000
                        Semifinal: £100,000
                        Quarterfinal: £50,000
                        Last 16: £30,000
                        Last 32: £20,000

Last 48: £15,000
                        Last 80: £10,000
                        Televised highest break: £10,000
                        Non-televised highest break: £1,000
                        Total: £2,231,000

As an Amateur will James be allowed to recieve anything?
                        Yes, of course he'll get the money. Won't go onto his earnings for his season as a pro next year in terms of his ranking though.

Comment

• I agree about the shot selections, I don't recall one safety shot he played! On the plus though it nearly got him through and he was only out done at the end due to knocking the red in off the blue...

Comment

• Ebdon puts me off . always watch on Eurosport . But that Murray is one annoying bloke , thinks he is some sort of comedian .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Yes, of course he'll get the money. Won't go onto his earnings for his season as a pro next year in terms of his ranking though.
                              He had to pay £700 to enter didn't he ?

I'm sure it is golf where as an amateur you aren't entitled to the prize money .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Cheers Mark.
                                Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Working...
                                X