• Show
Clear All

• ManiaMuse
    replied
    Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
    The final is going to be quite polarising

Higgins and Trump fans couldn't be any further apart

I would go as far to say it's almost impossible to be a fan of them both

Young, thin, stylish, flair, erratic, inconsistent, trendy loafers, masquerades sometimes as a winner, evil namessake

v

Old, grey haired, pudgey, cheaty, steady, gritty, old boots , winner , good namessake
    Every time John got his foot up on the table showing off his tatty soles I was thinking 'come on mate, surely you can afford a new pair of shoes?'

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    It doesn't appear on the first several pages here, even excluding his semi-final win. But given it took place in Ukraine, I'd be concerned about the quality of the source that used Russia as a keyword...
    This is what I see when I type in "John Higgins"

krTF8ln4G9tC.png

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
    he got caught up in it because he was greedy for money even tho he was a millionaire anyway , he wasnt banned because Barry Hearn had just took over world snooker and they couldnt have the world no 1 at that time banned for corruption even tho to everyone else outside the Wsa he was guilty as sin to agreeing to fix matches for money , he thought it was a legitimate cheat /fraud to earn another £300 thousand , he was banned for a few months in the summer when at the time there were no tournaments anyway , he agreed to throw frames on camera , doesnt matter who filmed him , he agreed to throw money on camera and then came up with the bull**** that he was being threathend by russian maffia , whilst talking about how he would conceal money in his spanish property, he got away with it , should have been banned for life , hope Trump kicks his arse
    I am also with you on his guilt. If people observe the video properly they will see how relaxed he was in the company of these "gangsters".
    If he believed his life was in danger his body language and speech would be totally different.
    As you said, it would have looked bad for Snooker to have a top man to be seen in this light.
    It's a big shame as he is one hell of a player.
    Personally I find it difficult to watch him play now.... Wishing Trump gives him a slaughtering !!!!

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied
    Well i guess there are a few people who like Country and Rap

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post

Oh no, I would claim to be such an exception. I prefer the inspirational flair of a Trump/O'Sullivan/White but John Higgins in monster mode is a thing of beauty. I do feel this may be his last hurrah though - it visibly affects him these days and his performances are erratic instead of the sure thing of the past. I think I'd prefer Trump to win it, but a Higgins 5th will be pleasing too, and might give Ron a kick up the arse.

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied

Young, thin, stylish, flair, erratic, inconsistent, trendy loafers, masquerades sometimes as a winner, evil namessake

v

Old, grey haired, pudgey, cheaty, steady, gritty, old boots , winner , good namessake
    Last edited by peterpackage; 5 May 2019, 12:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied
    Firstly, surely they can fix the table overnight for the final ?

Who was Neal Foulds referring to , top players who when things weren't going for them at the Worlds, were happy to pack it in ?

Ding ? Selby ?

Leave a comment:

• snookerball
    replied
    Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
    He was banned for eight years in 2006...

I doubt anyone wants him back though
    Oh fair enough. Dunno where I got eighteen years from.

Still lot more than Higgins got. Regards Higgins how do those who think he was never match-fixing explain that Jordan Brown match - especially the knowing giggle after that weird shot on the Brown.

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    It was only a matter of time before Lee lifted this trophy and I think his punishment was excessive. Glad to see Hann disappear from the game. What a bellend.

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post

He went into financial services and is now banned from that industry too...for committing fraud and cheating clients..

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
    A weird comparison. Armstrong received a lifetime ban for taking performance enhancing drugs which could artificially inflate his capabilities
    Not just for taking drugs - loads of cyclists do that - instead, for the most intricate and highly organised conspiracy in the history of sport - intimidated witnesses, lied under oath, falsified evidence, tried to destroy the careers of anyone questioning his brilliance etc. Armstrong and his doctor were evil geniuses. Meanwhile, the frames John Higgins supposedly agreed to fix were in tournaments that didn't exist.

Leave a comment:

• P.Smith
    replied
    Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
    Quintenn Hann was effectively banned for life for agreeing to doing what John Higgins agreed to do to be fair. His eighteen year ban has another 5 years left to run.

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    When you google "John Higgins" the top search item is "John Higgins Russia" So no matter what anybody says, this stain on his reputation will always be there and do completely ignore it is disingenuous.
    It doesn't appear on the first several pages here, even excluding his semi-final win. But given it took place in Ukraine, I'd be concerned about the quality of the source that used Russia as a keyword...

Leave a comment:

• The Rook
    replied
    Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
    He wasnt punished , he had a ban during the summer when at the time there were no tournaments anyway , because he was the golden boy he got away with it and his manager got banned for life and took the blame , John Higgins is a fraud , dont care how good he is , Im hoping Lance Armstrong comes back and wins the tour da france again soon !
    A weird comparison. Armstrong received a lifetime ban for taking performance enhancing drugs which could artificially inflate his capabilities (and other stuff too!), whereas Higgins was banned for failing to report an approach, and there is no evidence that he has ever fixed a frame – never mind a match. Hypothetically, a player throwing frames whilst simultaneously winning matches (effectively handicapping themselves) would be impressive. What I find amusing about many of the Higgins haters is that each time John plays badly they insinuate there must be a financial motive, thus (perhaps unintentionally) inferring that Higgins is so good that it's impossible for him to lose unless it's a fix.
    Last edited by The Rook; 4 May 2019, 11:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• P.Smith
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    When you google "John Higgins" the top search item is "John Higgins Russia" So no matter what anybody says, this stain on his reputation will always be there and do completely ignore it is disingenuous.
    A player's reputation is based on google search predictions now, awesome insight. Funnily enough I tried this and it didn't come up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X