No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't really see past a Kyren Wilson win in his match with Gilbert. He's always playing his best at the Crucible and when he does it, he is quite a complete player. He is much more fluent than earlier and while he still has moments where he misses a crucial pot or runs out of position more often than the other absolute top players.

Carter vs. Gary Wilson, well I said it before: I don't care for those two and I'm also not expecting much of this quarterfinal. I just hope it will be close. And I'm sure it will be a hard fight.

Comment

• As for the afternoon matches:
      I hope Higgins got enough rest, then I see him giving Robertson a close match. And actually if it goes like 7-9 or 8-8 in the final session I can see Higgins prevail with his routine and tactical play. Now Robertson is definitely a better player than Bingham in the safety department though so Higgins will have to even improve his game - when in the balls especially - but I think he can do this.

I know Maguire has a good record versus Trump, but I don't see him being a hurdle for Judd sadly.

Comment

• Originally Posted by nevets View Post
        This is how snooker will be without ROS.
        This is how music will be without Take That.

Fanboys. You gotta love 'em
        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
          This is how music will be without Take That.

Fanboys. You gotta love 'em
          I can't help it. I just find it really hard to get interested watching other players. I know that isn't how it should be, but that is how it is.
          Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Not sure how to word this , but is this the poorest World Championships . It is hasn't got going for me , apart from a couple of matches .

Is it down to the amount of Tournaments that they now play ?

It's not floating my boat at the moment !
            I've enjoyed it more than last year, although the quality has been very mixed. That said, I have the day off today to watch the snooker, and watching either of these morning sessions is a bit of a challenge.

Comment

• Originally Posted by nevets View Post
              I can't help it. I just find it really hard to get interested watching other players. I know that isn't how it should be, but that is how it is.
              You should probably find another sport to watch then, sounds like you don't actually like watching snooker much

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                Not sure how to word this , but is this the poorest World Championships . It is hasn't got going for me , apart from a couple of matches .

Is it down to the amount of Tournaments that they now play ?

It's not floating my boat at the moment !
                Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                Oh yes, it's been absolute rubbish hasn't it. Far too many giant killings, exciting comebacks, and close matches for my liking as well. And there were only 30+ centuries in the 2nd round.

Seriously, what is it you people want from snooker?

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                  You should probably find another sport to watch then, sounds like you don't actually like watching snooker much
                  I've watched snooker since the 80s, well before Ronnie. I guess he has spoiled the game for me!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                    Oh yes, it's been absolute rubbish hasn't it. Far too many giant killings, exciting comebacks, and close matches for my liking as well. And there were only 30+ centuries in the 2nd round.

-
                    To be honest I'm not too high on this World Championship as well. I really enjoyed Hawkins vs. Wilson and Higgins vs. Bingham. Then there were some more interesting matches like Un-Nooh - Trump and Cahill - O'Sullivan as well. So actually this would probably be average for this stage and I could be content.
                    The thing is though that I'm afraid that the deciding stages of the tournament will be a letdown with the players and matches involved, while this should usually be the most intriguing ones.

I hope I'll be wrong though.

Comment

-
                      Ronniefans want Ronnie, and they want him to dominate. One to rule them all. It's not actually about the Snooker. It's a fanboy thing.
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Ronniefans want Ronnie, and they want him to dominate. One to rule them all. It's not actually about the Snooker. It's a fanboy thing.
                        That would be ideal, yes. Seriously though, we all want some magic. ROS brings that, but sure others can as well, it's just we haven't seen much SO FAR.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                          To be honest I'm not too high on this World Championship as well. I really enjoyed Hawkins vs. Wilson and Higgins vs. Bingham. Then there were some more interesting matches like Un-Nooh - Trump and Cahill - O'Sullivan as well. So actually this would probably be average for this stage and I could be content.
                          The thing is though that I'm afraid that the deciding stages of the tournament will be a letdown with the players and matches involved, while this should usually be the most intriguing ones.

I hope I'll be wrong though.
                          I think it's been a great tournament so far, and what may or may not happen in future matches only bothers me when it's actually happening.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Bingham vs Dott has to be one of the most thrilling matches I seen in recent years here. Same for Selby vs Wilson. Robertson vs Murphy was brilliant snooker. That first session of Hawkins was stellar. Trumps last session yesterday was stellar. Also vintage Higgins yesterday.

But this is the perception of someone who's watching snooker because he wants ROS to win: when he's out, the tournament is just really bad quality. And boring.

It's hilarious
                            Last edited by neuronic; 30 April 2019, 10:08 AM.
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

-
                              Seriously...

It has been a wonderful tournament so far imo as well. As you say...giant slayers, close battles all around, wizards and dragons. Oh wait...that's GoT

Loving every minute so far...!

Comment

Bingham vs Dott has to be one of the most thrilling matches I seen in recent years here. Same for Selby vs Wilson. Robertson vs Murphy was brilliant snooker. That first session of Hawkins was stellar. Trumps last session yesterday was stellar. Also vintage Higgins yesterday.

But this is the perception of someone who's watching snooker because he wants ROS to win: when he's out, the tournament is just really bad quality. And boring.

It's hilarious
                                Yep.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X