2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    C'mon Gary...let's see you in the Final vs Kyren, also known this year as The War of the Wilsons.
    Been a good session so far hasn't it. Carter really is his own worst enemy, that 21st frame was far from over but he threw it away with poor safety play because he was too busy beating himself up. I think he needs a lill'ting to calm himself down.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      Been a good session so far hasn't it. Carter really is his own worst enemy, that 21st frame was far from over but he threw it away with poor safety play because he was too busy beating himself up. I think he needs a lill'ting to calm himself down.

-
      Indeed...excellent session of snooker again.

Carter...can't stand watching him. Such a negative person at the table. Too bad really cause he ain't too bad a player.

Comment

• Wilson was down to Brecel by 30+ points in the deciding frame in the first round. One good shot by Brecel or one mistake by Wilson and he would have been eliminated. It's amazing how small margins and a bit of luck sometimes determine your fate. I wonder how Luca would have done if he had gotten through that match.

Comment

C'mon Gary...let's see you in the Final vs Kyren, also known this year as The War of the Wilsons.
          I'd pass on that...
          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Well done Gary! Such a cool customer...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
              I wonder how Luca would have done if he had gotten through that match.
              Nowhere near as well as Garry IMO.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

-
                I agree, but it would have been nice to find out. Having said that, I'm happy for Wilson. A semi-final lineup of Robertson vs Gilbert and Trump vs Wilson would be great. It looks like only Higgins can stop it from happening, though I wouldn't quite count out Kyren.

Comment

-
                  Exactly! Gary is good/great in all departments. Becel I find lacking in a few.

Btw very nice complementary words from Ali afterwards...kudos to him for that.

Comment

• With just over 1 hour of playing time left for Higgins and Robertson, this could leave a rather nicely prolonged evening session in prospect later on.

Comment

Btw very nice complementary words from Ali afterwards...kudos to him for that.
                      Really? I missed that, I'll have to root it out later. I don't think he's such a bad lad, been through an awful lot recently, good reasons to be angry at life, if that's your bag.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Robertson had better find some form quickly or he's on the way out.

Comment

• wow higgins hanging on. is it just me or could higgins have run away with wednesday's morning session if it wasn't for some bad misses? Feels like he had a chance in almost every frame and it was more his misses that allowed neil robertson back in rather than neil robertson dominating?

Comment

• im a higgins fan and i have to say i think neil is more likely to win than higgins... looks sharper.. higgins hanging on

Comment

• Originally Posted by Diesel3390 View Post
                              wow higgins hanging on. is it just me or could higgins have run away with wednesday's morning session if it wasn't for some bad misses? Feels like he had a chance in almost every frame and it was more his misses that allowed neil robertson back in rather than neil robertson dominating?
                              Both of them are playing rather poorly. Very few big breaks and lots of scrappy frames.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                                Both of them are playing rather poorly. Very few big breaks and lots of scrappy frames.
                                that's where higgins tends to do well doesn't he. i've noticed higgins hasn't been playing as a strong break builder for years now. nearly all his frames and matches are scrappy nowadays. the only person i can imagine who can go toe to toe with him in long scrappy matches is selby

Comment

Working...
                                X