X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    There are outside tables and tv tables and the tv tables have bigger pockets because it's tv and they have to sell the game and you can't sell the game with players missing all the time, that's my twopenneth.
    When I see the overhead camera view I can see that they're buckets compared to what I play on.

Come on Trump !!
    I'm with you regards overhead cam view. Looking at the yellow and green pockets you can see more of the hole in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
    you will see him accepting cash for missing balls even tho he was a filthy rich he was quite happy to do it at the time that puts him as a fraud to me
    You will see him apparently agreeing to accept money for missing balls - he didn't get any money, it was never specified which matches would be fixed in the bits we've seen and the video was obviously edited and tinkered with.

You also don't know he was filthy rich at the time - you don't know what his circumstances are. The "journalist" who setup the sting gave evidence that benefited Higgins - what does that tell you?
    Last edited by gavpowell; 6 May 2019, 12:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    [QUOTE=bonoman1970;981115]
    Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
    You would have more credibility if you didn't use words like "2morro" and haven't you been a member for long enough to call a player fat. It's trolling territory. Do you really hate John Higgins that much? You call him a fraud but there was no conviction of fraud. Stick to the facts and learn to live and let live. The guy is one of the nicest players in the game so if you're a true fan of Snooker you would be more reasonable about it.[/Q yeah there was no conviction of fraud , Barry Hearn had just took over World Snooker and the last thing he needed was the world no 1 done for match fixing , Higgins has never been caught of match fixing but if you watch the video you will see him accepting cash for missing balls even tho he was a filthy rich he was quite happy to do it at the time that puts him as a fraud to me
    But that is all speculation and that is my point. You're suggesting he 'got off' and you can either agree with that based on speculation or for a more happy life choose to go with the official decisions. I don't think Barry Hearn is that kind of businessman either. He wants to turn a profit but I don't think that extends to what you're suggesting which could become criminal activity. I've always seen him as tough and perhaps ball breaking but never corrupt. Bend the rules as much as you can in business but never cross the line. He's too clever for that. It doesn't matter what happened in the video all that matters is the outcome of the official investigations.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnington
    replied
    Even if John wins the third session 6-2, that would make it 14-11 Trump going into the final session... Hmm, will be interesting to see what happens, but I just can't see it going down to a couple of frames

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    JH has done it before as previously mentioned above:
    and I hope he does, purely for the sake of the match - I have no problem with either winning, there are positives for both outcomes but I want to see a great come back, tussle and a classic match that we can all say we saw that one - to our grandchildren...

Leave a comment:

• bonoman1970
    replied
    [QUOTE=MrRottweiler;981093]You would have more credibility if you didn't use words like "2morro" and haven't you been a member for long enough to call a player fat. It's trolling territory. Do you really hate John Higgins that much? You call him a fraud but there was no conviction of fraud. Stick to the facts and learn to live and let live. The guy is one of the nicest players in the game so if you're a true fan of Snooker you would be more reasonable about it.[/Q yeah there was no conviction of fraud , Barry Hearn had just took over World Snooker and the last thing he needed was the world no 1 done for match fixing , Higgins has never been caught of match fixing but if you watch the video you will see him accepting cash for missing balls even tho he was a filthy rich he was quite happy to do it at the time that puts him as a fraud to me

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Well with John you never say never, so just stuck £5 on him at 11/1 just in case the impossible happens, already have £10 on Trump at 6/1 from the very start, so now i can relax knowing i'm in the money either way. not often you can say that

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
    How many 7 frame come-backs has John made in his career?
    Well, he came back from 14-7 to 15-15 last year before losing against Mark Williams. Dennis Taylor came back from 8-0 against Steve Davis, and Stephen Hendry came back from 14-8 down against Jimmy White. So a seven frame comeback wouldn't be unheard of at a crucible final.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
    It's difficult for John to comeback now.

Leave a comment:

• snookerball
    replied

Leave a comment:

• snookerball
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
    12-5 down... I want it to go all the way, but I just can't see it happening now

Has J.Higgins made a similar 7-frame deficit comeback against Judd before?
    They've only played eachother in a couple of long form matches. He's come from 5 behind.

2011 World Championship Final (35)

18-15 to John

0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, 4-4, 5-4, 5-5, 5-6, 5-7, 6-7, 7-7, 7-8, 7-9, 7-10, 8-10, 8-11, 9-11, 9-12, 10-12, 11-12, 12-12, 13-12, 14-12, 14-13, 14-14, 15-14, 16-14, 16-15, 17-15, 18-15

2012 Shanghai Masters Final (19)

10-9 to John

0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 1-5, 1-6, 2-6, 2-7 , 3-7, 4-7, 5-7, 6-7, 7-7, 8-7, 8-8, 9-8, 9-9, 10-9

2018 World Championship Quarter Final (25)

13-12 to John

0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-4, 3-4, 3-5, 3-6, 3-7, 4-7, 5-7, 6-7, 7-7, 8-7, 8-8, 8-9, 8-10, 9-10, 9-11, 10-11, 11-11, 12-11, 12-12, 13-12

Pulled from the fabulous cuetracker, obviously

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    I'm a similar age to John and I wouldn't consider myself old but certainly not a spring chicken anymore and fatigue becomes a factor. John looked bright eyed and bushy tailed this afternoon but soon started to look tired and dejected. Judd isn't really a young gun himself but he still has over a decade gap and it looks like that is helping. I admire him for the way he's playing because he hasn't taken risks and has potted some incredible balls. That thin red to the top right corner over halfway across the table was a turning point. I hope John can end Judds run to make sure there is a final session. I don't remember a final session of the WC ending at the 3rd session but I remember a few that were over after 2 or 3 frames in the evening session.
    Last edited by MrRottweiler; 5 May 2019, 11:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post

No. He came back from 5-0 and 7-2 in the 2012 Shanghai Masters final to win 10-9, and from 7-3 down in last years WC quarter final to win 13-12. Judd went 3 up in the WC final in 2011 and went on to lose. Outside of the long format of the WC there aren't really many chances (aside from best of 19 finals) to get a 7 frame lead and lose it.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Can Judd continue to pot so well? Can John regain some confidence? He missed a fair few balls you'd normally put your house on him to get. Crucible pressure, wonderful stuff. :smile:

-

Leave a comment:

• Ronnington
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X