No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judged by the look on his face I think Trump had forgotten the red behind the brown ball. No god safety anyway.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      Anyone watching Eurosport must be laughing at Gary Wilsons prodigy style haircuts they just showed. Classic.
      Come on Gary - smack my bitch up [IMG][/IMG]
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Good morning!

Did David Gilbert just start this session with a century?
        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• double post
          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Weirdly, although Higgins has reached another semi, and still might make another final, he looks like he's finished to me.
            Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• A commentator comment yesterday got me wondering...

Who do you think are among the best players who never got to play in 1-table set-up at Crucible in a WC.?

Did Willie Thorne, Tony Meo, Neal Foulds ever do it for instance?
              Last edited by richiet; 3 May 2019, 09:53 AM.
              Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

• Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                Weirdly, although Higgins has reached another semi, and still might make another final, he looks like he's finished to me.
                As long as he keeps getting results, he's not finished regardless how he may look to you I'm afraid... if there is a snooker "warrior", it's John Higgins.

edit: ...that black, though...
                Last edited by neuronic; 3 May 2019, 09:53 AM.
                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                  As long as he keeps getting results, he's not finished regardless how he may look to you I'm afraid... if there is a snooker "warrior", it's John Higgins.

edit: ...that black, though...
                  Obviously one bad session (and he has been bad) doesn't mean he's finished. The old Higgins would come storming back, let's see if he can still do it.

Comment

• I still don't trust john higgins so i quite want to watch him lose and squirm. i would never write him off though

dave gilbert is good to watch and comes across well so there is really only one person to root for as far as i'm concerned

i always hated it when the tournament went down to the single table and the inexperienced player went to pieces. having more tournaments and more strength in depth in the rankings has really improved the world championship over the last two years

i think a gilbert/trump final would be more interesting than gilbert/wilson final. i just think it would be a more intriguing match up

i just hope davey boy can keep his composure over the three days

Comment

• Originally Posted by ThePhantomPotter View Post
                      I still don't trust john higgins so i quite want to watch him lose and squirm. i would never write him off though

dave gilbert is good to watch and comes across well so there is really only one person to root for as far as i'm concerned

i always hated it when the tournament went down to the single table and the inexperienced player went to pieces. having more tournaments and more strength in depth in the rankings has really improved the world championship over the last two years

i think a gilbert/trump final would be more interesting than gilbert/wilson final. i just think it would be a more intriguing match up

i just hope davey boy can keep his composure over the three days
                      You don't have to trust him, you're not buying a second hand car off him. I've never really thought whether I trust snooker players, because I don't know them. It surely is the lowest priority for a snooker fan when watching snooker.

I don't really care who wins the championship. In different ways, it would be a good story for all of them. A first for Trump, a 5th for Higgins, or one of the underdogs. Can't help thinking that Trump vs Higgins could be a cracker though.

Comment

• haven't seen higgins fall apart like this for a while... just shows what a hard game it is sometimes
                        Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by richiet View Post
                          Did Willie Thorne, Tony Meo, Neal Foulds ever do it for instance?
                          Thorne didn't do more than a couple of quarter finals, Foulds got to one semi and I dunno about Tony Meo, but always had the impression he never really got anywhere?

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                            Thorne didn't do more than a couple of quarter finals, Foulds got to one semi and I dunno about Tony Meo, but always had the impression he never really got anywhere?
                            Always did well in the doubles though

Comment

• Virgo talking like Higgins was his old self against Robbo, whereas I thought he didn't look that good, it's just Robbo made more mistakes than him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                                Virgo talking like Higgins was his old self against Robbo, whereas I thought he didn't look that good, it's just Robbo made more mistakes than him.
                                There were glimmers I thought, specifically stealing frames from 60+ down with a full clearance. Higgins has always been the best, for me, at winning those frames. His long potting and break building were strictly B game for me. He just happens to also have one of the best B games on the tour.

Comment

Working...
                                X