Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PatBlock
    replied
    Classic Crucible comeback from Kyren. This has been a cracker of tourney so far. :smile:

-

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Kudos to Kyren Wilson. What a match he made here. He had to watch Barry Hawkins pull away to 6-1 without having done much wrong, but then fought back bravely and nearly always had a good answer. Good safeties, great breaks. All in all there were 9 century breaks, setting a record for the Best-of-25-stage. So far surely the match of the tournament.
    I also expect Wilson to beat Gilbert and make the semifinal again.

A shame Zhou went down tonight. Carter - Gary Wilson is one of my least anticipated quarterfinals ever.

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    "HOW ABOUT THAT FOR CUE POWAHHHHHHHH!" Not all that impressive really considering the speed of those tables. Can do the same on a club table ffs.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    shame for Zhou

Gary Wilson next for Carter

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Just watching the wilson match, that is bloody annoying how he goes into the shot. Shuffle shuffle shuffle, stroke stroke stroke....

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Zinedine Carter wins it

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    I like watching Kyren, gutsy determined match player with a bit of flair. From 1 - 6 down to 12 - 11 up, at the crucible, takes some doing. Let's hope we get the decider.

-

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    In this match I'm rooting for Barry as well.

However my vote for the most annoying player would go to either Ronnie O'Sullivan or Judd Trump.

Leave a comment:

• neuronic
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    You are confusing me with Odrl. I was en contraire stating that I don't see a resemblance.
    Right. Sorry. Wasn't paying attention, had to concentrate on being annoyed by Kyrens stance and so forth...

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
    Well, you claim Kyren Wilson looks like the young Robert Mitchum, that tells a lot...
    You are confusing me with Odrl. I was en contraire stating that I don't see a resemblance.

Leave a comment:

• neuronic
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Not for me.
    Well, you claim Kyren Wilson looks like the young Robert Mitchum, that tells a lot...

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    It's the baby side to side steps that he does while giving the cue shaft a wank that wear me down watching him play. He looks like his mum said he was allowed to play the shot.....

Oh and the way his feet point to each other like he needs the toilet...??

That's enough to be going on with.
    Know what you mean!
    very annoying to watch, is it something Barry Stark has taught him?

I recall a coaching session with a Del Hill trained coach who wanted me to point one foot at the pocket you want to pot in and the other where the cue ball will go after contact; I felt like I was in an advanced yoga class; stopped doing it after less than 10mins with aching knees!
    Not sure if it's all Barry taught Dean. But he seems to have lost some of the feel he used to play with before he adopted some of these robotic routines.

The pink in the first frame this afternoon and then the brown just now, seem to me to show he's losing some of his natural ability to play a shot with feel.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
    So can we agree for various reasons Kyren Wilson is the most annoying pro snooker player right now...?
    Not for me.

Leave a comment:

• neuronic
    replied
    So can we agree for various reasons Kyren Wilson is the most annoying pro snooker player right now...?

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    It's the baby side to side steps that he does while giving the cue shaft a wank that wear me down watching him play. He looks like his mum said he was allowed to play the shot.....

Oh and the way his feet point to each other like he needs the toilet...??

That's enough to be going on with.
    Know what you mean!
    very annoying to watch, is it something Barry Stark has taught him?

I recall a coaching session with a Del Hill trained coach who wanted me to point one foot at the pocket you want to pot in and the other where the cue ball will go after contact; I felt like I was in an advanced yoga class; stopped doing it after less than 10mins with aching knees!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X