X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rane
    replied
    Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
    I'm sure it happens, but a bigger bounce isn't such a big deal in carom if it doesn't affect the line. Also, a carom table has different cloth, like a US pool table, which probably makes a difference.
    The rails are thicker on a carom table and the balls much heavier, so I donĀ“t think the two tables can be compared.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    How well was Gilbert striking the ball tonight? Just formidable. That applause of Kyren (great gesture) had already some signs of resignation. At least for tonight. He will fight tomorrow I'm sure and I'd not call this over at 10-6 as Wilson wasn't really at his best today. Gilbert however seems to me to play with as little pressure as I've ever seen at the crucible. He seems just to enjoy to be there. I have to apologize to him that I didn't give him a better chance before the start of the match. Wilson just seemed so strong to me after the Hawkins match. Shows again that consistency is one of the pivotal points of being a top player.
    It's great to see, but it makes you wonder what he's been doing for the past 15-20 years while his contemporaries like Selby, Murphy and Hawkins have been winning multiple ranking titles and spending their careers in the top 16. They all say he had the most talent as a junior and it seems like he's mostly squandered that.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
    Isn't the Rasson table cushion rails a resin Infused timber?
    That's correct. PR infused.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    How well was Gilbert striking the ball tonight? Just formidable. That applause of Kyren (great gesture) had already some signs of resignation. At least for tonight. He will fight tomorrow I'm sure and I'd not call this over at 10-6 as Wilson wasn't really at his best today. Gilbert however seems to me to play with as little pressure as I've ever seen at the crucible. He seems just to enjoy to be there. I have to apologize to him that I didn't give him a better chance before the start of the match. Wilson just seemed so strong to me after the Hawkins match. Shows again that consistency is one of the pivotal points of being a top player.

Leave a comment:

• nevets
    replied
    Damn it. I am going to have to say fair play to Wilson for applauding that pot.

Leave a comment:

• stephenm2682
    replied
    I'm starting to feel sorry for kyrens cue, I'm just waiting for the tip to fly off in excitement...

Leave a comment:

• Zelig
    replied
    What was that noise, the jaws hit by the red or Carter's teeth?

Leave a comment:

• the lone wolf
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Problem with cushions is the table heaters not giving uniform heating along the whole of the cushion, simple as that. Anyone who drives or rides a tyred vehicle knows that heat affects the rubber, same with rubber cushions on a snooker table. The cushion will have, cool, hot and warm spots and the bounce will vary accordingly as to where the table heater is in relation to the cushion.
    They will ramp up the heat when there is damp in the air to reduce kicks and that will make the cushion problem worse, that table fitter cleaning the cushion with a cloth and brush made no bloody difference at all and he knew it but did what he was told.

We have tried almost napless cloths, table heaters, 1g balls, special ball polish, non kicking chalk (alledged) yet still the problems persist, when will world snooker learn that all these problems stem from trying to make those crap PR balls work as well as the old SC's.

Some interesting responses...
    Not sure what the right answer is but vmax makes a great case for WS to get there sh!t together!

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    I can't help thinking of George & Mildred whenever I see Garry Wilson. Sorry Gaz.

-

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by Philthepockets View Post
    Never here of this happening on heated carom tables.
    I'm sure it happens, but a bigger bounce isn't such a big deal in carom if it doesn't affect the line. Also, a carom table has different cloth, like a US pool table, which probably makes a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Googol
    replied
    I don't quite understand. If referee doesn't call a miss, there is no another attempt from same situation, unless balls magically end up into exact same position.

About statistics, we still don't have a champion who would have started as a professional during this millennium. Selby is currently the youngest. If there is no younger champion this year, Selby makes the modern era record as the oldest youngest champion before the next year's tournament.

Leave a comment:

• Philthepockets
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Problem with cushions is the table heaters not giving uniform heating along the whole of the cushion, simple as that. Anyone who drives or rides a tyred vehicle knows that heat affects the rubber, same with rubber cushions on a snooker table. The cushion will have, cool, hot and warm spots and the bounce will vary accordingly as to where the table heater is in relation to the cushion.
    They will ramp up the heat when there is damp in the air to reduce kicks and that will make the cushion problem worse, that table fitter cleaning the cushion with a cloth and brush made no bloody difference at all and he knew it but did what he was told.

We have tried almost napless cloths, table heaters, 1g balls, special ball polish, non kicking chalk (alledged) yet still the problems persist, when will world snooker learn that all these problems stem from trying to make those crap PR balls work as well as the old SC's.
    Never here of this happening on heated carom tables.

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    Watching the 15th frame between Wilson and Gilbert and the yellow has gone close to its corner pocket. I can't remember who was at the table but they were snookered behind the yellow on an almost full pack of reds and Shaun Murphy in commentry said after the first failed attempt at an escape "He's not going to be penalised here so he can have as many attempts as he likes".

Shaun was clearly commenting on the fact the ref didn't call a miss and maybe I misunderstood the scenario but it seems like Shaun is implying that once the referee has not called a miss then it's certain he will not call a miss on all subsequent failed attempts. I know it would be unlikely to happen but this doesn't sound correct and 'technically' a referee could not call a miss and then call a miss on another attempt even if it's the same shot. As I say not likely for a referre to do that especially on the same escape route but I always thought it was the discretion of the ref. Even the same escape route could still be played in many different ways with spin and power that the ref might decide didn't come up to scratch that time and call a miss.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Don't be a bandwaggonist Billy. How does 5 centuries and 3 80+s when you're under the cosh grab you. As I said before, sometimes I don't understand what people want or expect from these guys.

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...t/14071/696786

-
    Maybe said irritation does have some reflection on my opinion then.

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X