X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty50
    replied
    Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
    How comes Higgins-Robertson have only played 8 games whereas Wilson-Carter played 16 I know there has been some serious tacticts in the former but 8 frames behind thats sloow.
    Its the way the matches are scheduled. 3 sessions 8/8/9. Higgo Robbo will finish their match 2nite. Carter Wilson finish this morning.
    I heard Higgins say in an interview that the schedule needed to be tweaked a bit. He had to play a session immediately following a late night.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
    How comes Higgins-Robertson have only played 8 games whereas Wilson-Carter played 16 I know there has been some serious tacticts in the former but 8 frames behind thats sloow.
    :smile: Wilson and Carter have played two sessions already, Higgins and Robertson have played only one. It's 8 frames per session.

Leave a comment:

• John Flaf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tim65
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I know it's a silly triviality, but what started out as a mild disappointment in seeing Hazel's presence diminish from the hosting duties, is now becoming a worry. I hate change and this new girl is terrible. Please, if you're phasing Hazel out, find someone better. Jill Douglass would be my choice.
    Suzi Perry would be my choice.But Suzi is my choice for a lot of things.

Leave a comment:

• nevets
    replied
    I know it's a silly triviality, but what started out as a mild disappointment in seeing Hazel's presence diminish from the hosting duties, is now becoming a worry. I hate change and this new girl is terrible. Please, if you're phasing Hazel out, find someone better. Jill Douglass would be my choice.
    There's only one solution. Bring back David Icke.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ben04uk View Post
    She's not being phased out - she has done every single afternoon session from 1300 - 1800 this Championship. Given how much earlier she would have to start to prep this would equate to a long day's work - she can't feasibly do the morning or evening session as well. This is a far cry from previous years when she has shared the presenting duties on the flagship afternoon show with Jason Mohammed and alternated on the graveyard evening highlights show.
    It is typical BBC to have a new presenter and find a sport or show for them to do despite them having no interest or knowledge in it. Its happened on many a sport, including bowls.
    I think you're right. Only catching the evening shows has probably given me a false impression of her overall attendance.

Leave a comment:

• Ben04uk
    replied
    She's not being phased out - she has done every single afternoon session from 1300 - 1800 this Championship. Given how much earlier she would have to start to prep this would equate to a long day's work - she can't feasibly do the morning or evening session as well. This is a far cry from previous years when she has shared the presenting duties on the flagship afternoon show with Jason Mohammed and alternated on the graveyard evening highlights show.
    It is typical BBC to have a new presenter and find a sport or show for them to do despite them having no interest or knowledge in it. Its happened on many a sport, including bowls.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Last edited by Billy; 30 April 2019, 11:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
    Some of the scheduling is odd. For instance, Trump played his 2nd round over 3 days, and then into the quarter the next day. So if he goes all the way, he'd have played 10 days straight. Whereas Robertson played his 2nd round over two days and then had 3 days off before today. I think the extra session break is the least of the oddities.
    Robbo does seem to be getting a good run in terms of time off between matches. I keep forgetting he's still in this.
    Last edited by Billy; 30 April 2019, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Why are Trump & Maguire getting an extra session's break at the expense of Carter & Wilson??

-
    Some of the scheduling is odd. For instance, Trump played his 2nd round over 3 days, and then into the quarter the next day. So if he goes all the way, he'd have played 10 days straight. Whereas Robertson played his 2nd round over two days and then had 3 days off before today. I think the extra session break is the least of the oddities.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Why are Trump & Maguire getting an extra session's break at the expense of Carter & Wilson??
    They always do this switch on the second day of the QF, to have a finish in all three sessions.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Will we see a maxi this year?

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    How well was Gilbert striking the ball tonight? Just formidable. That applause of Kyren (great gesture) had already some signs of resignation. At least for tonight. He will fight tomorrow I'm sure and I'd not call this over at 10-6 as Wilson wasn't really at his best today. Gilbert however seems to me to play with as little pressure as I've ever seen at the crucible. He seems just to enjoy to be thereI have to apologize to him that I didn't give him a better chance before the start of the match. Wilson just seemed so strong to me after the Hawkins match. Shows again that consistency is one of the pivotal points of being a top player.
    Seem to remember a guy called Joe Johnson doing just that.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied

-

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Some Crucible magic from Gilbert tonight. It's great that the longer match formats In the WC see to make some players believe they can relax a little over that space of time with the different sessions, and let their arm go a bit. It's one of the things that sets the worlds apart from other tourneys and gives us viewers a better insight of what some players who are often just "also runs" can actually do.

That near straight red in the last frame played is shot of the tournament so far. :snooker:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X