X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I tend to agree. Granted he irritates me, but that has no reflection on my opinion of his game, and I just don't reckon it. He can grind, but so what? What else does he have?
    Don't be a bandwaggonist Billy. How does 5 centuries and 3 80+s when you're under the cosh grab you. As I said before, sometimes I don't understand what people want or expect from these guys.

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...t/14071/696786

-

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Can't believe Garry missed that pink, should've been 3 up. Fascinating tussle this....

-

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    This is what I hear when Shaun Murphy is commentating.

Leave a comment:

• neuronic
    replied
    Kyren Wilson is a bit like Graeme Dott. Graeme Dott doesn't annoy me, so... go Dave!

By the way... Dave Gilbert is just playing some pretty nice frames of snooker there.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    I mean, he is usually very quick to praise everyone in his role as a pundit, coming up with all kinds of over-the-top superlatives, but he was equally quick to downplay Kyren Wilson's chances of winning this World Championship just now. He said that his positional play isn't good enough and that just "picking up the pieces" is probably not enough to win the title. He also said the Hawkins would have beaten him if he played a little bit better. :smile:

I also seem to remember a discussion they had in the studio at one of the events a few months ago, when O'Sullivan was talking about his favourites for the WC and someone suggested Wilson, and O'Sullivan was very reluctant to include him. I'm not saying he dislikes him personally, but I get the feeling he just doesn't have much respect for his game. :smile:
    Interesting thoughts from Ronnie. Didn't see it, so thanks for sharing.
    He actually points at the main thing that prevents me from putting Wilson into the highest tier of players as well.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    I tend to agree. Granted he irritates me, but that has no reflection on my opinion of his game, and I just don't reckon it. He can grind, but so what? What else does he have?

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    I mean, he is usually very quick to praise everyone in his role as a pundit, coming up with all kinds of over-the-top superlatives, but he was equally quick to downplay Kyren Wilson's chances of winning this World Championship just now. He said that his positional play isn't good enough and that just "picking up the pieces" is probably not enough to win the title. He also said the Hawkins would have beaten him if he played a little bit better. :smile:

I also seem to remember a discussion they had in the studio at one of the events a few months ago, when O'Sullivan was talking about his favourites for the WC and someone suggested Wilson, and O'Sullivan was very reluctant to include him. I'm not saying he dislikes him personally, but I get the feeling he just doesn't have much respect for his game. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    O'Sullivan doesn't seem to care for Wilson much, does he? :smile:
    Well, that's unusual isn't it.

-

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    No? You must've read or heard something I haven't.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    I thought MSI were supposed to 15 minutes? Admittedly I haven't actually clocked the timing but they feel more like half an hour, at least, this year.

Leave a comment:

• thommo335
    replied
    2019 World Snooker Championship

Isn't the Rasson table cushion rails a resin Infused timber?

Leave a comment:

• Philthepockets
    replied
    Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
    CUSHIONS?
    What's going on...
    We already have cloth, balls and kick issues. Now the cushions are ping ponging all over the place.
    Surely WS needs to take a closer look at the consistency of the equipment they choose to use?
    Maybe they need to get away from the inconsistencies of wood and start using more stable synthetic materials in the cushion rails.
    You would expect steel backs to be pretty consistent but it would not surprise me if the wood moves with the changes in environment.
    Could also be the bonding of the rubbers.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by nevets View Post
    I think if anything it made them worse!
    I very much doubt that. :smile:

-

Leave a comment:

• nevets
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    I enjoyed the placebo cushion rub, very amusing. I can imagine the conversation between the fitters just before it.

-
    I think if anything it made them worse!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X