X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by narl View Post
    It baffles me how Brecel is ranked as high as he is, he seems to play well in spurts at best.
    Yeah, 18 months ago it looked like he'd come of age and tempered his insane potting ability with some real patience, but he's still prone to thwacking everything. I love Trump's lunatic potting and shot selection, but he doesn't throw his cue at the shots, he at least tries to control them.

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    I'm quite happy watching safety battles, just not people making endless mistakes(Dott's final against Ebdon is the worst match I think I've ever seen) - Brecel still hasn't dropped his habit of hitting the ball at a thousand miles an hour and he compounded it with some awful cueball control today.
    It baffles me how Brecel is ranked as high as he is, he seems to play well in spurts at best.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Lovey midnight finish today, but I just can't get rid of the feeling Tian was outplaying Maguire throughout the match... I guess Maguire was due some luck after losing 10-9 in the 1st round in 2013, 2014 and 2015. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I’ll never understand some snooker fans. That was proper snooker as far as I’m concerned.
    I'm quite happy watching safety battles, just not people making endless mistakes(Dott's final against Ebdon is the worst match I think I've ever seen) - Brecel still hasn't dropped his habit of hitting the ball at a thousand miles an hour and he compounded it with some awful cueball control today.
    Last edited by gavpowell; 21 April 2019, 11:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    has Maguire gone back to the GBL cue with the 4x extra thick veneers or is this the Maximus he got about Oct last year?
    God only knows, he seems to have a cue for a few months then he switches. Could be either of the 2, possibly one of the higher end gbl cues.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    has Maguire gone back to the GBL cue with the 4x extra thick veneers or is this the Maximus he got about Oct last year?

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    I left the Crucible at 5.45pm because it was utterly turgid even at 9-8 - 3 hours later I tuned in to see why it was still going. Managed about 4 shots before realising it was actually worse than earlier and turned off.
    I’ll never understand some snooker fans. That was proper snooker as far as I’m concerned.

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Jesus Christ that Brecel match is still going on, i thought it had ended a while back.
    I left the Crucible at 5.45pm because it was utterly turgid even at 9-8 - 3 hours later I tuned in to see why it was still going. Managed about 4 shots before realising it was actually worse than earlier and turned off.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Is Wilson the new ‘ Angles ‘ ! , some absolutely brilliant escapes . Agree with the commentators , best ever seen escapes .
    Very good escapes, it was like bread and butter for Gary.

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
    Fluke of the tournament so far: that Blue for Maguire...
    If he had been on the receiving end of that he would have exploded.

Leave a comment:

• Zelig
    replied
    Fluke of the tournament so far: that Blue for Maguire...

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    What a fluke on the blue

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Maguire looks about ready to go home as well, very underwhelming.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    First player outside the top 16 to go through!

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2019 World Snooker Championship

and IIRC he did a perfect swerve a few shots earlier?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X