John Higgins 18 Judd Trump 15
        Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

John Higgins 8 - Judd Trump 18

Comment

Higgins - Trump 11-18

Comment

Trump 18 Higgins 15

This is a tough one. On season form I'd say a more comfortable win to Trump. On the evidence of the tournament, it could go scrappy and go 18-17 either way. So I've gone in the middle, with a 3 frame victory to Trump.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                ust for fun predict the Final

head to head included to help you.

John Higgins V Judd Trump - John Higgins Leads 22-9 plus 1 Draw
                Interestingly, it seems that Trump has never beaten Higgins in any significantly important matches. In contrast, Higgins has recovered huge deficits to beat Trump in deciders in the 2018 World Championship and the 2012 Shanghai Masters final, and obviously there was the 2011 World final.

Some people have speculated that Trump will blast Higgins off the table, but we know from previous form that it would at least be possible for Higgins to come back. I wonder what would happen if the unthinkable happened and Higgins got off to a flying start, as Trump isn't exactly known for having a strong temperament. That would surely be the mother of all nightmares to be trailing badly in your first final for 8 years against your most difficult opponent.

Snooker form suggests that Trump should win, but match form shows that Higgins has won their last 9 consecutive encounters! I think this is a difficult one to call.

Comment

Balls. I was going to bet Judd Trump to win at 6-1 just before the tournament started and then forgot to put it on!

Then after he beat Maguire he was joint 3-1 favourite so i didn't bother, and now in the final he faces his most difficult opponent in John Higgins... in a way I'm relieved I didn't put that bet on right now, but still think it could be "his time" this year...

Any other player apart from J.Higgins in the final and I would've said Trump will win it, but I have no idea how this is going to go! I think Trump's only hope for victory is if J.Higgins isn't on his A-game, tired from the long matches and he steamrolls him in the first two sessions with a massive lead going into the final session that's too big for Higgins to come back at... But Trump does have that invincible confidence about him right now
                  Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

Higgins - Trump 18-12

Comment

Tough one to call. Higgins has owned Trump so far. 9-3 in ranking events, Trumps only wins were at Best-of-7- and one Best-of-9-event. However it would be fitting for sports if Trump would get his first significant win over his nemesis, who defied him the world title at young age just at another final of the World Championship.
                      Higgins isn't the player anymore he was a few years before, but his tactical play is still second to none. So Trump will have to play very well I think to win this match. And he has done this for sessions in this tournament, but not consistent. I think he needs to open an early lead.
                      As for Higgins I thought a mistake last year was that he wanted this title to much. And I hope he has learnt from this.

Before the World Championship started, I picked Trump to get the title. Right now I'd give the edge to Higgins though. 18-16 for the Scotsman.

Comment

Trump to win 18-15.

Comment

is the general consensus that Higgins may be past it and on the decline (even though he can grind his way to finals)?
                          Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

Higgins 18-14 Trump

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
                              is the general consensus that Higgins may be past it and on the decline (even though he can grind his way to finals)?
                              Don't know if general consensus. For me he is a bit past his prime. He can play top snooker for a few frames here and there, but he lacks in consistency.
                              Still we are talking about whom I consider as the most complete player ever and even he isn't at the height of the game he is better than most other players.

Comment

Obligatory Terry Griffiths feature for the 30th anniversary.

Comment

Working...
                                X