Chalk Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalk Gate

Is it me or has the talk about chalk really increased at the World Champs? Lots of talk between the pro's on twitter about it also.
    I wonder if any of the top guys that have stuck with triangle etc. up until now will be using Taom next season?

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
    Is it me or has the talk about chalk really increased at the World Champs? Lots of talk between the pro's on twitter about it also.
    I wonder if any of the top guys that have stuck with triangle etc. up until now will be using Taom next season?
    Stephen Maguire looked like he was using Silver Cup. This is the cheapest, lowest quality, club chalk found in US pool halls. I used it when I was over there, it was filthy, on my hands and the table, and I got loads of miscues. It was so powdery, like talcum powder, it just fell straight off the tip and went everywhere. I don't know how on earth he started using it, unless he forgot his and found it on the floor in his local Rileys.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
      Stephen Maguire looked like he was using Silver Cup. This is the cheapest, lowest quality, club chalk found in US pool halls. I used it when I was over there, it was filthy, on my hands and the table, and I got loads of miscues. It was so powdery, like talcum powder, it just fell straight off the tip and went everywhere. I don't know how on earth he started using it, unless he forgot his and found it on the floor in his local Rileys.
      I noticed he was using it and wondered why, I think he typically uses Master? I know it is cheap but I have never used it.

Comment

Hendry said the opposite - he wonders why people do use Taom since it causes more miscueing. His words; I am ignorant (never tried Taom), anyone had that experience?

Comment

Working...
        X