No announcement yet.

2019 Riga Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A surprise 4-1 defeat by Jamie O'Neill against Barry Hawkins , but excellent scoring from Jamie .

Soheil Vahedi didn't hang about in his match …….an average shot time of 13.1 secs ! And some impressive scoring .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      A surprise 4-1 defeat by Jamie O'Neill against Barry Hawkins , but excellent scoring from Jamie .

Soheil Vahedi didn't hang about in his match …….an average shot time of 13.1 secs ! And some impressive scoring .
      not sure, as Andreas Ploner his opponent is also 13.1
      I think the score system is having troubles.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I thought that , but it was hovering around that time all match . And the other times seem ok . Like you , I thought that it couldn't be that quick !

Comment

did not see this result:
          Bingham 1 - 4 Li Hang

Comment

Early season hangovers for a number of players, a few surprising results .

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              Early season hangovers for a number of players, a few surprising results .
              Shaun Murphy went out 4-3 in the Riga qualifiers. In Ponds Forge he will be playing a 19 year old guy called Riley Parsons who I think is a Q School grad this year. , be interesting to see if he can shake off his early exit streak from last year and get some solid results in early season matches .

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post

Shaun Murphy went out 4-3 in the Riga qualifiers. In Ponds Forge he will be playing a 19 year old guy called Riley Parsons who I think is a Q School grad this year. , be interesting to see if he can shake off his early exit streak from last year and get some solid results in early season matches .
                Maybe the longer format will suit Murphy better?
                Or he is just in a rut at the mo? playing too much golf? moving to Ireland?

Comment

Louis Heathcote having a great start to his first pro season, 6-4 against Noppon Saengkham

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    100m 24s McManus vs Pinches 2015 Ruhr Open - was not due to slow play but the black getting stuck int a corner pocket and neither wanting to knock it n
                    (2nd longest frame)

[longest frame currently - 123m 41s O'Brien v Gilbert 2017 World Championship Qualifiers]

and no, I have not seen (or heard of) a referee ask a player to speed up their game.
                    I can clearly remember John Williams warning Dean Reynolds that he was taking too much time over a shot in the late 80''s. Probably in the Embassy in Crucible. That's the only time i remember the ref warning a player for slow play. Reynolds was not best pleased.

Comment

Originally Posted by glloyd View Post

I can clearly remember John Williams warning Dean Reynolds that he was taking too much time over a shot in the late 80''s. Probably in the Embassy in Crucible. That's the only time i remember the ref warning a player for slow play. Reynolds was not best pleased.
                      Thanks for that
                      late 80s - the period when I was not much into snooker - being the young rapscallion that I was back then! :wink:

Comment

Working...
                      X