• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Ronnie trying to look like Dr Evil? image.jpeg
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
      I am probably in the minority but I think the players look much more 'current' and modern without the bow tie. I'd prefer it if players had this attire for all tournaments bar the 3 majors. It looks more appealing to a younger audience as well IMO.
      For all tournaments I reckon, can't hide that gut behind a tight waiscoat anymore. I think the short sleeve shirt should also be an option, ask Ricky.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

When I had to leave yesterday it totally looked like Mark Allen would beat Selby, now I see the other Mark in the final. Just shows you that a snooker match really is only decided after the last ball is potted.

Nice to see Selby in a final finally again and David Gilbert in another one.

Comment

This is the time when I hope the MSI does affect the players
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

well done Gilbert, first frame on the board

and in style with a century

Comment

this situation is when I think of "...anything you can do, I can do better!"

Comment

Its great seeing Selby competing again to be honest. He looks very solid.
                Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

could be an early one tonight

Comment

Should be title #16 for Selby. Hopefully this will lift his confidence and he will be able to lift his game and have a good season again.

Comment

• That was a pretty classy performance from Selby, never really gave Gilbert much of a chance. I think that makes it 12 wins in his last 13 finals over at least two sessions, pretty crazy win rate. In any case, it's nice to see him winning a decent event again, and hopefully he can build on this and play his part in some of the bigger events that are still to come this season.

By the way, I preferred the old smileys.

Comment

• Well done Mark, good to see him back on top form but that is a dissapointing score line for Gilbert.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• As a viewing spectacle , a final like that isn't much fun to watch for the neutral . Shame as Gilbert had done well to get there .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• As disappointing as this final must have been for Gilbert (though I think he realized that he couldn't much do that day against Selby) it's really good to see that he confirmed his semifinal at the World Championship with a very strong start into the new season as well. Quarterfinal at the China Championship, now a final at the English Open. If he stays at that level he will sooner or later win his first title and it also seems he is on the best way to establish himself in the Top 16.

Comment

• Did I hear it right that Selby has won 13 of his last 14 ranking event finals? Absolutely amazing tbh.

It feels like after every tournament I am going back to the ranking-winners wiki page and seeing who has what. It's going to be interesting to see who ends up where because in my mind I have created this race between Murphy, Robertson, Ding and Trump battling it out in the "6th-10th all time" positions (with Parrot, Alex Higgins and Jimmy White etc) and with Selby seemingly back to his best we've got someone attempting to get into the top 5 all time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                                Did I hear it right that Selby has won 13 of his last 14 ranking event finals? Absolutely amazing tbh.

It feels like after every tournament I am going back to the ranking-winners wiki page and seeing who has what. It's going to be interesting to see who ends up where because in my mind I have created this race between Murphy, Robertson, Ding and Trump battling it out in the "6th-10th all time" positions (with Parrot, Alex Higgins and Jimmy White etc) and with Selby seemingly back to his best we've got someone attempting to get into the top 5 all time.
                                Yes, 13 of 14 it is.

I'm assuming you don't talk about Top List in terms of ranking titles but just in terms of Best Players of all time? This could get shaken up over the next decade a bit. Which is logical. Cause the modern era of Snooker is still only 40 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X