Tournament Threads - Single or Per Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Threads - Single or Per Round

Just wondering which people would prefer, one thread for a whole tournament, or individual threads for each round.
    Personally I'd go for one single thread, keeps things simple for my simple brain.

-
    Single thread per tournament
    75.00%
    Individual threads for each round
    0%
    Depends on which tournament
    25.00%
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Separate threads for each round were suggested back when you would get something like 40 pages of replies, so it made much more sense than it does now. If the Masters SF thread gets something like 2 or 3 pages, then it's probably not worth it to split them. The only problem is that the "Latest Topics" section of the front page is sorted by date of creation, so threads would fall off it mid way through the tournament, like the 1st round thread has done now. Maybe sorting that by latest post instead would be better. :smile:

I've voted for the third option. Something like the China Open definitely won't get enough discussion, but I think the World Championship just might. In any case, it's encouraging to see more people participating in the discussion this week, even if we are still some way off the good old days. :smile:

Comment

Yeah I get where you're coming from Odrl. I find setting "posts per page" to the max, which atm seems to be 40, helps.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

For most tournaments a single thread is enough probably and sadly.
        For the World Championship there should definitely threads for each round though. Always hate it if I search for a post.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          Separate threads for each round were suggested back when you would get something like 40 pages of replies, so it made much more sense than it does now. If the Masters SF thread gets something like 2 or 3 pages, then it's probably not worth it to split them. The only problem is that the "Latest Topics" section of the front page is sorted by date of creation, so threads would fall off it mid way through the tournament, like the 1st round thread has done now. Maybe sorting that by latest post instead would be better. :smile:

I've voted for the third option. Something like the China Open definitely won't get enough discussion, but I think the World Championship just might. In any case, it's encouraging to see more people participating in the discussion this week, even if we are still some way off the good old days. :smile:
          I agree a lot with Odrl on this. The World Championship gets a lot of attention, but with current activity a single thread is much easier.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
          X