No announcement yet.

Matchroom.live Championship League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed to see some frames today and will be getting in as much over the next few days. The background reminds me of a club I played at and the private room had a huge curtain at one end that had clearly not been touched in 50 years. The slightest nudge caused at least one moth hidden in it to start flying around.

Strange there being no audience or reactions but it means it's down to business for the players and could produce some close matches over the next few tournaments if it remains like this. It could lead to lesser known players making better progress in the bigger tournaments as the matches are not much different to playing at their clubs. The Snooker software developers should start looking in to creating a virtual audience so it looks like the matches are being played in a packed arena. They could start a competition for people to send in pictures to use as models. I would want to be one standing at the back who is constantly cheering and waving my arms even during the final black of a 147 or during an interval. I'm still cheering relentlessly. They could even auction off the most lucrative audio lines like "Come On Ronnie!" and "Go On Jimmy!"
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Bingham producing the goods when it mattered the most.

Comment

• Never saw that coming, I think Ronnie will be pleased to get home :snooker:
        Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

• Couldn’t stand him sniffing any more
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Could O'Donnell give Lawler or Ebdon a run for their money in terms of the AST?

Comment

• Hmmm...the fake sniffing and the obvious "clearly obvious" missed black, he is delighted to go home. I just wish he'd made his "obvious missed shot" a lot less obvious then that one. Barely any side needed (if any needed) and he missed a routine dead straight black. I'm not buying it.
              Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Do you sense match fixing? I don't think so.

Comment

• "Do you sense match fixing? I don't think so."

I don't think so either, but I think Ronnie does "match skipping". His attitude this season seems to be: "let's show up at the tourney, and see how it goes. If I feel good and I enjoy it, I will put in some effort and I will win it. If I don't like how the match is going, I will not put any effort: unless the opponent gives it away, I will be happy to go home, who cares, I'm Ronnie, and I won't have to give any more interviews this month".

I had precisely this impression in Coventry when he played Jimmy White (and then John Higgins the same evening, champ of champs 2019). I was a few steps from Ronnie during the match with Jimmy, and his face / body language said it all. Hadn't Jimmy missed that crucial break, Ronnie would have gone home happy. But later in the evening, facing John Higgins, Ronnie decided he liked it and it was worth the effort, so he switched to the competitive mood, with a totally different face, started to play seriously, and you can see the result on youtube.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                    Hmmm...the fake sniffing and the obvious "clearly obvious" missed black, he is delighted to go home. I just wish he'd made his "obvious missed shot" a lot less obvious then that one. Barely any side needed (if any needed) and he missed a routine dead straight black. I'm not buying it.
                    The black was with reverse side and it didn't take, he aimed thick to allow for the throw and swerve of the cue ball and it contacted poorly which is something not uncommon with aramith balls, simply a bad contact and nothing to do with a deliberate miss.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• I still think he missed it purposely as he has had enough being there. I don't blame him really if they are not allowed to even leave the complex and hotel.
                      Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                        I still think he missed it purposely as he has had enough being there. I don't blame him really if they are not allowed to even leave the complex and hotel.
                        I thought Ronnie wouldn’t be able to cope with being cooped up. He needs his daily runs. It’s the only thing that keeps him sane. The rules will need to be relaxed a bit for The Crucible you would think.

Comment

• If we see the comparison, Bingham had been missing balls thick and fast earlier in the day. Does that mean he played bad intentionally and got back to his A game against ROS? Actually not. Snooker is a game of fractions. Anything can happen any moment.
                          Last edited by fkhan; 10 June 2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                            I thought Ronnie wouldn’t be able to cope with being cooped up. He needs his daily runs. It’s the only thing that keeps him sane. The rules will need to be relaxed a bit for The Crucible you would think.
                            surely he's allowed to run, Luca Brecel was allowed to fly home to Belgium in between his matches
                            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• That lass doing the painting on the Trust a Trader sponser advert....you think they could have asked her to limit the blinking!

Comment

• Yeah posted up about Brecel earlier. Assume he would have to re-test when he arrived back. Ronnie should have gone home for a couple of days as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X