No announcement yet.

Draw for the Last 32 - Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I'll probably get linched for suggesting this, but am I alone in thinking that Ronnie will implode this year? All the postings I've read before suggest that he's got an easy run through to the final, or that it's his year. I'm not sure he's mentally strong enough to do it. I'm not doubting his amazing ability but I just fear that he is going to be the shock first round casualty.

(* ducks under desk to avoid missiles being thrown *)

Comment

Originally Posted by Shaggy365 View Post
      I know I'll probably get linched for suggesting this, but am I alone in thinking that Ronnie will implode this year? All the postings I've read before suggest that he's got an easy run through to the final, or that it's his year. I'm not sure he's mentally strong enough to do it. I'm not doubting his amazing ability but I just fear that he is going to be the shock first round casualty.

(* ducks under desk to avoid missiles being thrown *)
      You're not the only one to think so, I personally don't think he's got a clear path to the title. Any of the 32 players are capable of playing well even if their form this season suggest otherwise. The format with the different timing of sessions can affect a player's form from one session to the next. Certain players, Ronnie included, perform poorly in the morning sessions as shown last year.

Having said that, I hope he proves me wrong & plays well irrespective of winning the title.

Comment

Originally Posted by snooligan View Post
        Having said that, I hope he proves me wrong & plays well irrespective of winning the title.
        I too hope he wins, but I fear the worst.

Comment

First I don't think there really is such a thing as an "easy draw" in any WC. Second the concept of "easy" depends on each player. It's obvious that Ronnie copes better with players playing open and attacking than with grinders. So the prospect of meeting possibly Fu in SF and Selby in Final (if all three get there of course ) must certainly not make him overly happy or confident. Other players might have different preferences.
          As for imploding... why? except that Ronnie is Ronnie ... and by essence unpredictable.
          Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
          http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Either way he is still my number 1, i will back him and only him until he retires, come on the rocket!
            Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Working...
            X