Three Days In...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Days In...

We've had seeds being beaten, we've had deciding frames, we've had great comebacks, we've had maybe the frame of the tournament already (Davis vs Bingham Frame 17)...

If this continues, could this be the best World Championship ever?

What do you reckon?

Originally Posted by rambon View Post
    We've had seeds being beaten, we've had deciding frames, we've had great comebacks, we've had maybe the frame of the tournament already (Davis vs Bingham Frame 17)...

If this continues, could this be the best World Championship ever?

What do you reckon?
    It has got off to a great start. Hendry making round 2 in style was great news. Ebdons through, Williams seems to be getting it together again. And we havent even seen Smurphy, Ding, Maguire or Ronnie yet.
    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

great so far

Comment

im a Hendry fan and im delighted he beat Allen today but it is a shame both Allen and Cope has left the championship in the first 3 days..........Although both will be back soon it would be brilliant for the World Championship audiences whitch are different to die hard snooker audiences to see these 2 players playing theire exciting brand of snooker and make a name for themselfes.....but like i said NOT at the expense of Hendry lol

i think that apart it has been a great start to the championship with many great players and matches to come...

Comment

It has been really exciting. It definitely would have been nice to see Allen vs. someone else in the first round.

He played some really good stuff.

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
            It has been really exciting. It definitely would have been nice to see Allen vs. someone else in the first round.

He played some really good stuff.
            He did, but he played some really bad stuff too, at crucial times. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes though

Comment

I'm happy that Hendry continue in the next round not regret for Allen but for Davis very much .
              Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
              Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

I had to go out at 4pm yesterday so recorded the Hendry /Allen match which I've only just watched - to say I'm thrilled is an understatement! When I went out Stephen was 6-8 down and it wasn't looking good so decided not to watch it when I got in last night (figuring that going to bed depressed wouldn't be good!) and avoided the sports news this morning, fantastic result for Stephen but I do feel sorry for the young lad, just lost his bottle a bit towards the end.
                Winner of Crucible 77's 2009 World Championship Lucky Dip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Valderie View Post
                  I had to go out at 4pm yesterday so recorded the Hendry /Allen match which I've only just watched - to say I'm thrilled is an understatement! When I went out Stephen was 6-8 down and it wasn't looking good so decided not to watch it when I got in last night (figuring that going to bed depressed wouldn't be good!) and avoided the sports news this morning, fantastic result for Stephen but I do feel sorry for the young lad, just lost his bottle a bit towards the end.

i agree Allen wobbled a wee bit towards the end, but hes already shown great form under big pressure. expect him to be calmer and wiining more than he loses in the next 2 years....

WRT this championship....it does seem to have a bit more buzz from the start than some have recently....or maybe thats cause its fresh in the mind?

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer View Post
                    WRT this championship....it does seem to have a bit more buzz from the start than some have recently....or maybe thats cause its fresh in the mind?
                    Maybe its because all of the matches are complete sell outs. I dont remember all first round matches being packed out like this ever before - especially the 10 am and mid week afternoon ones.

That certainly adds to the buzz.

When the partition came up last night it was as if Davis and Bingham were playing in the final - with the buzz coming from the crowd.
                    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

i agree Allen wobbled a wee bit towards the end, but hes already shown great form under big pressure. expect him to be calmer and wiining more than he loses in the next 2 years....

No Semih, there's more of a buzz because there have been more close games than for a while, and some great stories in there:

Hendry - bad season, bad few years, coming back from the brink
                      Higgins - starting well after an indifferent period
                      Carter - decider and controversy
                      King - shocking Selby
                      Cope - almost shocking Ebdon
                      Davis - grabbing the headlines despite losing

All-in-all, with Williams showing decent form, Ding vs Fu living up to expectations and Ronnie not even set foot in the arena, I think this will go down as the most memorable tournament in a few years.

Comment

No Semih, there's more of a buzz because there have been more close games than for a while, and some great stories in there:

Hendry - bad season, bad few years, coming back from the brink
                        Higgins - starting well after an indifferent period
                        Carter - decider and controversy
                        King - shocking Selby
                        Cope - almost shocking Ebdon
                        Davis - grabbing the headlines despite losing

All-in-all, with Williams showing decent form, Ding vs Fu living up to expectations and Ronnie not even set foot in the arena, I think this will go down as the most memorable tournament in a few years.
                        i agreed with you that i thought it had more buzz, so why the "no semih..."?

i did go on to ask a question as to why i or others may think that, but i did agree with you, and others.

Comment

i agreed with you that i thought it had more buzz, so why the "no semih..."?

i did go on to ask a question as to why i or others may think that, but i did agree with you, and others.
                          You finished your post with a question... "Or is it that it's just fresh in the mind?"

Call me polite, but I was just answering your question...

If you'd like me to be rude or to just ignore you, just say the word!!!

PS Don't take a word of this seriously, it's merely humour...

Comment

You finished your post with a question... "Or is it that it's just fresh in the mind?"

Call me polite, but I was just answering your question...

If you'd like me to be rude or to just ignore you, just say the word!!!

PS Don't take a word of this seriously, it's merely humour...
                            not at all Rammy. i was requesting clarification of what you were refering to in my post....my opinion or the question....youre a good guy, and funny too.

Comment

Great start from the off! Even though my man Selby who i backed to win the championship has fallen at the first hurdle i'm still enjoying it, and with some great matches ahead to look forward too it is bubbling up really nicely! Dont think it's going to be too long now till we see a 147 either, with quite a few players already who have had chances but never materialised.
                              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                              X