Swail - Bingham Final.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swail - Bingham Final.

Ok, i admit, i was maybe a little wide of the mark saying the whole top 16 would be out by round 2.

But i still confidently predict that this Championship will be won by a qualifier - and looking at the current draw, Swail vs Bingham looks odds on - but if Harold beats Murphy (as i predict he will), i'm putting DH in the driving seat.

I called a Harold - Swail final the other day, and it's still on the cards.

If Swail and Bingham is going to advance any further, they both have to raise the level of their game. They havenĀ“t impressed me yet, but got the two weakest draws.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
      If Swail and Bingham is going to advance any further, they both have to raise the level of their game. They havenĀ“t impressed me yet, but got the two weakest draws.
      I'd fancy Bingham to beat either Dott or Perry, and Swail played well i thought - he should ease past Doherty or Wenbo in round 2.

Once they're in the quarters, i predict the momentum will carry them all the way - only peak Harold stands in Binghams way; i can't see anyone stopping Swail in the top half.

Comment

No chance for Bingham with the way he palyed yesterday. Just luck gave him the place in the next round.

Comment

Originally Posted by jaguarf1 View Post
          No chance for Bingham with the way he palyed yesterday. Just luck gave him the place in the next round.
          No luck about it - anyway, how many times have we seen a poor first round player lift the title?

I remember Hendry struggling past Jason Ferguson in 1996 10-8 in the first round - he went on to win the title.

I don't fancy Bingham to win, but semi's at least, and if he avoids peak Harold, he'll lose to Swail in the final.

It'll be nerve-jangling classic.

Comment

Bingham vs Swail in the final?

A pint of what you're having, please!

Comment

For a bet with what I considered to be quite good odds, I've had a flutter on a Fu/Selby final at 50/1.

Comment

If King will beat Selby today,he will be the best of qualifiers.
                Maybe even....
                Winner of 2008 Grand Prix Prediction Contest

Comment

Originally Posted by wildhoney28 View Post
                  If King will beat Selby today,he will be the best of qualifiers.
                  Maybe even....
                  King has the X-Factor to cause a shock, but he hasn't got what it takes to topple Harold or Swail.

Comment

Harold is a pile o' sh1te.

He's just making up the numbers.

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post

A bit unnecessary, poor old Dave. Former ranking event winner and a top bloke.

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post

There speaks a truly knowledagble Snooker fan!

Harold is a genius - one of the most underrated players ever.

Comment

Originally Posted by Signal Fire View Post
                          There speaks a truly knowledagble Snooker fan!

Harold is a genius - one of the most underrated players ever.
                          Genius? Stop kidding yourself, none of the players you have mentioned are going to get to the final, most of all Harold. He's well past his sell by date.

Comment

Originally Posted by bobbond View Post
                            Genius? Stop kidding yourself, none of the players you have mentioned are going to get to the final, most of all Harold. He's well past his sell by date.
                            Or, depending on the current match outcome, fast approaching his Selby date

Comment

Originally Posted by bobbond View Post

He's still in the top 32 - testament to his brilliance.

Harold still has another title in him yet - and maybe a World Title at that.

Who would have predicted Dominic Dale to win another title? But he did.

Comment

Working...
                              X