King vs Ebdon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King vs Ebdon

This game has classic written all over it.

It's what The Crucible was built for - 2 hard men of Snooker, both gritty matchplayers, battling it out for a place in the last 8.

The threat of Swail hangs in the air, but both men must put that out of their minds as they go mano-a-mano on the Green Baize.

13-12, for sure.
    Last edited by Signal Fire; 22 April 2008, 02:12 PM.

The crucible was built more for the two gentlemen of Verona than for the two gentlemen of Go-homer

Comment

This game could determine both men's future in the sport - if Ebdon can win, only Swail stands between him and a return to the final.

If King wins, again he must overcome Swail to get one hand on the title. But Dave Harold is lurking in the bottom half of the draw, ready to pounce.

The tension is mounting at Snookers most famous arena.

Comment

King will outfire fiery Ebdon

King is more fired up than Ebdon. King will prove that he's 'harder' and stronger than the Swimmer. It's a battle of minds out there. Jan Verhass on standby in case they come to blows
        sigpic
        Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
          King is more fired up than Ebdon. King will prove that he's 'harder' and stronger than the Swimmer. It's a battle of minds out there. Jan Verhass on standby in case they come to blows
          Maybe Ebdon will resort to his old "COME ON" tactics, and King will roll his sleeves up.

It's the battle of the baldies - the sweat will be glistening as the frame scores reach 12-12.

Comment

hey guys, what's with the boxing references? something from the past? please enlighten me!

Comment

Originally Posted by dino View Post
              hey guys, what's with the boxing references? something from the past? please enlighten me!
              King had a boxing match with Quinten Hann - and lost!

Hann & Hicks were going to take each other on as well.

Comment

King once stepped into the Boxing ring and fought a former Snooker professional Quinten Hann! Hann won the fight by a points decision. Sure Ebdon can look after himself though if need be
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Aaaah, I remember vaguely now...Hann...what a character that guy was

Comment

Originally Posted by dino View Post
                    King lost on a points decision, King,suffered damage to his nose when hann clobbered him when he wasnt looking in the middle of the fight
                    Attached Files

Comment

I remember at the time that the general consensus was that King was going to look Hann into the ground but it didn't quite work out that way! Just goes to show that looks can be deceptive!
                      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                      X