Joe Swail 2008 World Champion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Swail 2008 World Champion!

I honestly can't see anyone stopping Swail this year. His potting & breakbuilding against Lee in the first round was awesome.

He's got an easy second round draw either way, and once he's in the Quarters, i can't see him being stopped.
    Beaten in second round
    43.48%
    Beaten in Quarters
    17.39%
    Beaten in Semis
    8.70%
    Runner-Up
    0.00%
    CHAMPION!
    30.43%

The poll is expired.

As much as I would love for this to happen I don't see it as being as easy as you say - with potential matches against Doherty and Ronnie to get through first.
    He did well against Stephen but you also have to remember that his highest break was only something like 66 so there is still a lot of room for improvement.

How is his second round draw easy?

Anyway, here's hoping you're right...
    "The five S’s of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit;
    but the greatest of these is Spirit." Ken Doherty

Comment

stella - I can't see an off-form Doherty or Wenbo being a problem for The Outlaw.

He may not be a century maker, but he's got the shots.

Ronnie will be long-gone from the tournament by the time he'd meet Joe, but even if he's not, he'll lose.

A title has been a long time coming for JS - this is his time.

For me, the bottom half of the draw is the one with potential shocks. Joe has his final place sewn up.

Comment

I've thought all along he's the dark horse of the tournament...sometimes when the focus is on other players to do well like Selby etc it goes pearshaped....joe's not under the pressure or spotlight really he can enjoy his game and see where it takes him. His potting has been great so that always gives you a chance i would expect a quarter final place at least. Other thing is he's a nice bloke who plays an entertaining game so good luck to him i say...always nice to see an underdog do well & also good for the game i think.

Comment

i hope hope he gets knocked out in the next round tbh, at least then you'll stop raving about him.

He is average, if he was ever going to shine then it would have happened by now.

I'm not convinced at all, but hey, lets hope i'm proved wrong and all the kids out there aspire to be like JS and copy his beautiful cueing action.
          http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
            I've thought all along he's the dark horse of the tournament...sometimes when the focus is on other players to do well like Selby etc it goes pearshaped....joe's not under the pressure or spotlight really he can enjoy his game and see where it takes him. His potting has been great so that always gives you a chance i would expect a quarter final place at least. Other thing is he's a nice bloke who plays an entertaining game so good luck to him i say...always nice to see an underdog do well & also good for the game i think.

Too true - does anybody actually dislike Joe? He's the nicest guy in Snooker, and surely if he won, it would be the most deserving, enjoyable victory ever seen.

He's the major player in this tournament - and i've backed him from Day 1.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
              i hope hope he gets knocked out in the next round tbh, at least then you'll stop raving about him.

He is average, if he was ever going to shine then it would have happened by now.

I'm not convinced at all, but hey, lets hope i'm proved wrong and all the kids out there aspire to be like JS and copy his beautiful cueing action.

Ronnie fanboy, i suppose. Bet his cue action is better than yours!

To not appreciate Swail is to not understand Snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by Signal Fire View Post
                Too true - does anybody actually dislike Joe? He's the nicest guy in Snooker, and surely if he won, it would be the most deserving, enjoyable victory ever seen.

He's the major player in this tournament - and i've backed him from Day 1.
                it would be hard for anyone not to wish him well...in all sports whoever are favourites are its nice to see a nice bloke or woman doing well against the odds...its good everyone likes a nice story like that and its good for sport joe has his own style nothing wrong with that ( and he generates amazing spin with his cue action) and is a genuine nice bloke and would be a very popular winner.... its happened before with Joe Johnson.
                No real pleasure for anyone to see him get beat i would have thought...

Comment

forgot to say no pleasure for anyone to see him get beat...except maybe for his opponent !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Signal Fire View Post
                    Ronnie fanboy, i suppose. Bet his cue action is better than yours!

To not appreciate Swail is to not understand Snooker.
                    Fair enough, he is probably a nice guy, but that won't win him a world title.

Is being a ronnie fan an insult? is it the case that nobody can now support ronnie coz everyone else does?????

And no i'm not a fanboy. I've rooted for King, Cope, Allen and Ding from the off.
                    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

I fail to see why the rest of the field are still competeing, certainly in Swails half of the draw.

The trophy has his name written all over it already.

JOE SWAIL 2008 WORLD CHAMPION!

Those words sound so sweet, Signal, my good man...:snooker:

Comment

some people accept theire punishement like men ....and dont sighn up with different usernames it seems you cant signal fire/Grinderman...........

Comment

Working...
                        X