Postcard from Sheffield – Day 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postcard from Sheffield – Day 11

Well good morning from a Sheffield so sunny and warm, one feels that summer is just around the corner!

Well what an interesting day we had yesterday. Here's a note for real anoraks (well, it did rain yesterday!). The morning and evening sessions, along with the afternoon session on Sunday, were very unusual in that there all four players in the arena were qualifiers – Messrs. Liang, Swail, Perry and Bingham. The only other time this has happened was the Monday evening in 1992 when the second round matches finishing were Thorne v. Wych and O'Kane v. Small.

What an exciting finish last night! Joe Swail, who has made unlikely comebacks before at the Crucible, couldn't quite complete another. That premature fist in the air from Liang almost proved regrettable!

We have had about 44 centuries so far in the tournment, so we may be on track to beat the record 68, set in 2002 and equalled in 2007.

I think that's about all I have to say really – don't think there were any other major talking points in the last 24 hours...

Oh yes, nearly forgot, Ronnie made a maximum!

Wish you were here – and, particularly, wish you were there yesterday!

Yes a quite awesome days play at Sheffield!

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
      Yes a quite awesome days play at Sheffield!
      Really enjoyed watching it all! I do find it amazing that Higgins and Murphy blamed the tables for the fact that they got beat - doesn't seem to be troubling the others!
      Winner of Crucible 77's 2009 World Championship Lucky Dip.

Comment

Working...
      X