Wenbo Destined for the Win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenbo Destined for the Win?

Liang Wenbo looks destined to win this years world championships. There are huge similarities with his run so far Murphy's win in 2005. 2005 saw none of the top 4 reach the semi finals as will be the case this year as Higgins, Dott, Murphy and Doherty are out. Parrott also failed to qualify that year and this year. Like Murphy he is playing his idol and hero in the quarter finals. His game has been in the same vain as he has gone all out attack.

As nobody over 31 has won it since 1986 this means that only Wenbo, Day, Carter and Maguire can win it. With Carter set for the runners up spot after beating Murphy (Hendry, Doherty, Ebdon, Selby did previously) this rules out Maguire. Also Ryan Day is 7-1 down so this surely rules him out so that can only leave Wenbo as champion.

Or am I going mad?
    TSF World Champion 2010
    TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
    BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Think you're going mad. I do think Liang's in with a chance, but that's because he's playing well, and it has nothing to do with 2005 or 1986

Comment

Well if he could play safety as Murphy than who knows, but he's too risky and won Swail very diffucult!
      2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
      2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

So this visual basic runned dynamic model of yours could make you rich and famous Alex if Wenbo becomes the new champ
        I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

It's unlikely but no way impossible!
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

...yes, destiny and fate, you never know, but I do like Liang's attacking style, he takes on everything, and enjoyed the first session against Ron earlier. His nickname, 'The Fearless' is very apt.

Lol....xx
            sigpic

Comment

lies, damned lies, and statistics

Comment

Working...
              X