Postcard from Sheffield – Day 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postcard from Sheffield – Day 13

I never thought I would say this to anyone ever, but... Good morning from Middlesbrough!

I traditionally forgo the first semi-final session and take a trip out in the countryside on Thursday, and I will shortly be meandering back to Sheffield through the Yorkshire Dales and the showers.

Anyway, it's been another interesting few days. Hot on the heels of Ronnie O'Sullivan's maximum which we saw on Monday, we heard one on Tuesday as Ali Carter was on the other table. It is quite a strange experience cheering for something you can't quite see, and Ali Carter would not have known that the audience on the other side gave him a standing ovation as well as his own!

More interesting play yesterday, with an 11:30 finish – as with last year's Carter-Selby match – to the quarter-finals. A real nailbiter, and perhaps a surprising result.

Anyway, I may not get chance to report back any more, so I will wish you all an enjoyable remainder of the tournament, whether you are watching from the Crucible, the pub, your armchair or someone else's.

And, if you will be in Sheffield over the weekend, a safe journey home and look forward to next season.

Wish you were here!

cheers for the update Statsy

enjoy the rest of the tournament, and give the tv cameras a wave.

Comment

Cant believe you missing the first ROS - Hendry session. Bet Kellie text stayed in Sheffield this thursday!

Comment

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
        Cant believe you missing the first ROS - Hendry session. Bet Kellie text stayed in Sheffield this thursday!
        I have to agree Paul - and to go to Middlesborough of all places!
        Winner of Crucible 77's 2009 World Championship Lucky Dip.

Comment

Working...
        X