New 147 prize money rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 147 prize money rules

I´ve heard yesterday that the rules for the splitting have been changed. it used to be shared between the players, now it will be shared between the numbers of maximums.
    some examples:
    1. no player will make another one - ROS and Ali will get 50% each
    2. ROS will make another one - ROS will get 2/3, Ali 1/3 (other way round if Ali makes it)

etc.

I think it´s just fair towards the players.
    ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Originally Posted by Kathrin View Post
    I´ve heard yesterday that the rules for the splitting have been changed. it used to be shared between the players, now it will be shared between the numbers of maximums.
    some examples:
    2. ROS will make another one - ROS will get 2/3, Ali 1/3 (other way round if Ali makes it)

etc.

Where did you hear this Kathrin? from an official source?

Comment

Originally Posted by Kathrin View Post
      some examples:

etc.

I hope this is true. It is only fair as you say. Plus it gives an incentive for players make another. Otherwise there would be no financial reason for Ronnie or Carter to try to make another.
      "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

From worldsnooker (Crucible blog):

Originally Posted by blog
        A fan has asked how the £157,000 would be shared if Ronnie O’Sullivan or Ali Carter made a second 147. The answer is that the player making two maximums would take two-thirds of the prize money.
        Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

Originally Posted by Maija View Post
          From worldsnooker (Crucible blog):
          thanks for that Maija

quite a good rule..

Comment

Yeah, well it makes sense. And I guess they weren't really expecting to have more than one maximum.

Comment

I now want a ROS and Carter final will Ali comming out the blocks with a 147 and then watch ROS going for a max every frame thereafter...
              Highest Break
              Practice: 136 (2005)
              Match: 134 (2006)
              In 2011: 94
              Centuries made: 50+

Comment

The highest break prize is still up for grabs, when one makes a 148 or more. ROS said yesterday in the interview he would love to make a 155!

Comment

Originally Posted by thinsy View Post
                  I now want a ROS and Carter final
                  Oh God, no. That would probably not be a very good match. Ali seems to have a HUGE problem with playing Ronnie in tournaments.

Comment

Originally Posted by Maija View Post
                    Oh God, no. That would probably not be a very good match. Ali seems to have a HUGE problem with playing Ronnie in tournaments.
                    They practice together, that why ROS always plays well against him....

And remember that 5-2 win from Ronnie with 5 tons (including a 147)

Who wouldn't want that
                    Highest Break
                    Practice: 136 (2005)
                    Match: 134 (2006)
                    In 2011: 94
                    Centuries made: 50+

Comment

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
                      The highest break prize is still up for grabs, when one makes a 148 or more. ROS said yesterday in the interview he would love to make a 155!
                      In case someone were to make 147+, does he only get the high break prize or max prize also?

Comment

Who wouldn't want that
                        Me!

That's why I said 'in tournaments'. In Beijing last year, where Ronnie played like a tit, Ali was 3 frames ahead, needing just one more. He was totally unable to finish the match off and ROS moved in and won. That's just one example, but there have been plenty.

They've met 8 times so far, 8-0 to Ronnie. (According to Wikipedia.)

Oh, and @Vuce:

Originally Posted by Crucible blog
                        a maximum break has to be a 147 with 15 reds and blacks, or a 155 with a free ball counting as an extra red and 16 blacks. Any break between 148 and 154 would surpass O’Sullivan’s mark for the £10,000 high break prize, but would not take any share of the £147,000 maximum bonus.
                        Last edited by Maija; 1 May 2008, 11:41 AM.

Comment

There is an interesting thread about the maximum.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...hlight=maximum

And indeed a 147 or 155 are defined as maximums.

Originally Posted by vuce View Post
                          In case someone were to make 147+, does he only get the high break prize or max prize also?

Comment

Thanks to both

Comment

They practice together, that why ROS always plays well against him....

Who wouldn't want that
                              I for one. As Majia says even if Carter is three frames in front of O´Sullivan he looks miserable. I prefer a final where it´s open, who will win it.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                              X