How can Hendry still win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can Hendry still win

So the score is now 12 -4, what would Hendry have to do to win?

Play like an Edbon or play like he did in the 1994 UK final against Doherty?
    "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Grinding it out, but bet he wont do that.

Comment

Originally Posted by Le Ball Sack View Post

He can't
      sigpic
      Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

Is Ebdon still in the Uk or is he back in Dubai? I think its time Hendry gave him a phone call for some tips, either that or hire a hitman.
        "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Comment

Its not that difficult. Walk around the table a couple of times. chalking your tip 30 seconds, staring at the baize for a minute and cueing up and down 3 times at least should do it. The final nail would be Hendry offering a watch to Ronnie to check time.

Comment

True. Hendry should try whatever he can to annoy O'Sullivan. Once his concentration goes or gets annoyed, he misses silly shots and will give Hendry chances, if he'll take them!

Comment

Hendry's very unlikely to imploy any of those tactics. He is very likely to play his normal attacking game that's he's done throughout his career and he's not likely to change it now!
              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by Hendry Fan View Post
                True. Hendry should try whatever he can to annoy O'Sullivan. Once his concentration goes or gets annoyed, he misses silly shots and will give Hendry chances, if he'll take them!
                Depends...the Ronnie I've seen this morning looked extremely focused and meant business. And what Ebdon did to him 3 years ago may prove useful now, since he won't show that much vulnerability again.
                S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

Yeah, I was only kidding. It's a long way against any player, but against O'Sullivan when he's playing as well as he has been and completely focused, it's even less likely. As I said on another thread, the pressure is on O'Sullivan to win this and I think he'll be looking to finish this tonight, so all Hendry can do is take things one frame at a time and take his chances when he gets them, something he hasn't done at times.

Comment

Yep, Hendry has it all to do.
                    For Hendry fans....He can produce the goods when his back's against the wall and he'll want to make up for the session whitewash, only problem is if Ronnie continues like he did this morning....
                    Like Maguire, Ronnie might find it difficult to keep the momentum going. :snooker:

Anyone taking bets on another 17-4 scoreline???
                    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hello Snooker Peeps!

Comment

Well the truth is there is no way on this planet Hendry can turn this match around and win, unless O'Sullivan slips and breaks his arm or gets a total mental meltdown.

As a Hendry fan, I just hope he can make the score a bit more respectable.

Comment

Originally Posted by hegeland View Post
                        Well the truth is there is no way on this planet Hendry can turn this match around and win, unless O'Sullivan slips and breaks his arm or gets a total mental meltdown.

As a Hendry fan, I just hope he can make the score a bit more respectable.

If Ronnie breaks his arm he'll have to play with his foot...right or left footed I'm not sure which!!

I agree hegeland, Hendry has to make it respectable and I'm sure he will. Pure determination should make sure it's not another 17-4.
                        :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hello Snooker Peeps!

Comment

I'm a Hendry fan as well, so I won't give up just yet, as I'm sure he won't.

He will never win if he gives up and he j ust needs to put everything into winning one frame at a time. The good thing about snooker is each frame is different and players can get on a run of form and confidence to run a few frames off on the bounce. Of course, running three or four in a row could happen for either player, but even if Stephen can get a good start it still would mean he had a large hill to climb instead of a mountain.

One frame at a time and just try and get back into it and then see. I want to see it go to a fourth session, but even 16-8 going into the fourth session would mean a damp squib. If it is 15-9, people have come back from that before, albeit it is highly unlikely.

Comment

I think Ronnie is going to thrash Hendry with session to spare.I presume scoreline would be 17-5 or 17-6 at best.
                            My deep screw shot
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by Le Ball Sack View Post

Hendry should bite off Ronnie's tip when Ronnie is not looking...

Comment

Working...
                              X