Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronnie O'Sullivan may still quit snooker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie O'Sullivan may still quit snooker!

Neil Goulding has written an article in The Mail on Sunday - LINKY - Ronnie is saying that he may still quit snooker if he stops enjoying the game!

Yeah when he is winning he always makes some kind of public announcement that he hates the game and he wants to quit but why don't you hear him saying this when he has been knocked out early in a comp? ........ probably because you don't get a few hundred thousand pounds for running the London marathon.

If your gonna quit then quit, you don't go round telling your boss "If I get bored of working here I will quit" your boss will find you crap things to do to make you quit then replace you with someone who is willing to do the job with less fuss.

Wonder whats gonna happen at the upcoming disciplinary!!!!

Ferret, I think this is unfair. In this article he does not say he hates the game. He does say there were times he struggled, feeled depressed and ill and yes at those times he fell out of love with it. It's nothing new.
    He also says that he's not ready to inflict this upon himself anymore and that if he was to return to that frame of mind he would consider to quit. Is that so surprising? Especially as he's not so young anymore and has other interests in his life.
    He also says that in this WC he has in patches found the long lost wonderfull feelings the game was giving him in the past...

I very much doubt Ronnie has gone to a journalist and pat him on the shoulder saying "Hey man I have something to tell you ...". He certainly has been asked questions, and I would really be curious to listen to what he really said and how, in context.
    Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
    http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

It's the same old response. He always says that when he's playing well because he knows he will go back to feeling down again. It's the pressure talking. He's too obsessed with Snooker to quit.
      sigpic
      Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
        Wonder whats gonna happen at the upcoming disciplinary!!!!
        Indeed, that will be interesting.

Comment

He says this all the time, attention seeking thats all it is :snooker: I think he will be ok when his father is back on the scene, If you think he is good now imagine what he will do when the two are reunited and his dad is sat in the crowd watching
          Welsh Is Best

Comment

Originally Posted by Son of Cliff View Post
            attention seeking thats all it is
            Exactly, and I for one have now had enough of it, sit up, shut up and play snooker, we don't care if you want to quit, we are not bothered if you want to quit, if you were gonna quit you would of done so by now.

Sorry but I do try to keep my views to a minimum on the board as I do have to be impartial, and I am sure all of you guys and girls who love Ronnie to bits will not like what I am saying but yes Ronnie is a great player (Wouldn't go as far as what Steve Davis says), but the extra luggage he brings to the game, come on change the record we have heard this one over and over, it's like a kid with a scratch spice girls album.

Comment

I think the reporter write this without a coment from Ronnie.

This are not news.

Ronnie say often that he stopp with snooker.

But he wins the title and he plays forward for the next years.

Comment

Originally Posted by Son of Cliff View Post
                He says this all the time, attention seeking thats all it is :snooker: I think he will be ok when his father is back on the scene, If you think he is good now imagine what he will do when the two are reunited and his dad is sat in the crowd watching
                When's his dad get out?

Comment

face it people, he will quit snooker
                  until august.

Comment

He don`t do it.

He player Snooker many years ago.:snooker:

Comment

This artikle in an old story.

The newspaper warm up a old soup.

Only to sell her newspaper.

I know Ronnie feels good and he have fun at Snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by TIP147 View Post
                        This artikle in an old story.

The newspaper warm up a old soup.
                        its either a recent accurate article as its discussing this tournament, or its "made up"

Comment

It is more attention seeking from him. It is obviuos he will never quit. He said he would take a year out when Ebbo beat him 3 years ago. He will not. He hasn't a brain for anything else.

Comment

What an attention whore this guy is.

He really needs to keep feeding the tabloids with unecessary controversy just so his popularity remains sky high.

Comment

Whenever he says he wants to quit, he wins the tournament. Hope no opponents pay him sympathy and kiss his ass

Comment

Working...
                              X