Match of the Championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In no particular order

Hendry / O'Sullivan: a lot of mutual respect, great sporting rivalery and some absolutely dazzling snooker
    Hendry / Allen: the absolute warrior in action...
    Perry/Carter: going to the rope under extreme pressure, hats off boys!
    Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
    http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

I go for Liang - Swail
      And second O'Sullivan - Hendry

Comment

Hendry-Allen,
        when i think about it, I still can´t believe he won.
        Twosnookerdowntowinframe, Allens foul with shirt, and those last three great frames after Allen missed the straightforwardpink!

Comment

I also enjoyed the swail v wenbo match, but any match with Liang Wenbo was interesting because the commentators couldn't call his shots and because he was so animated.

Comment

I was at the Crucible for the whole tournament and there were many great matches.

Swail - Wenbo will live long in the memory, O'sullivan - Williams in round 2 was an excellent game - the highlight of course being Ronnie's 147 and Carter v Ebdon was a really tremendous battle in the quarters with the euphoria of another maximum.

The final session of Carter v Perry in the semi final was maybe my highlight though.
            Tremendous standard throughout in the biggest match of their career's and it was a shame there had to be a loser.

Me and Statman were also lucky enough to get a backstage tour with Jan Verhaas too which was quite a thrill!

We went in the commentary box, in the arena, press room, media room, tv studio, players lounge and even saw Ronnie walk by as we walked around. He joked to Jan that he wished Michaela Tabb was reffing the final as she's better looking!

Great championship, great 17 days and I can't wait for the boys to be back on the baize next season!
            I Love Snook!

Comment

Wont forget that extremly difficult pink to the centre pocket Wenbo made either in his match against Swail. Remember Steve Davis commentating shocked with that choice of shot
              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                Wont forget that extremly difficult pink to the centre pocket Wenbo made either in his match against Swail. Remember Steve Davis commentating shocked with that choice of shot
                Is that the one that involved the slight cannon on the black, that was one of the Shots of the Championship this year?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6-JenXXkaXw
                "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

Yes i belive it was
                  "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Ding vs Fu in the first round was the best match for me. The best performance I've ever seen in my life was O'Sulivan's against Hendry in the semifinal.

Comment

Yep has to be Swail v Wenbo. It finished off a brilliant day at the Crucible as Ronnie had his 147 in the afternoon session.

Anyone else having withdrawal symptons?

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post

I tried to ease them yesterday by watching matches recorded matches
                        Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

Hendry-Ronnie Semi and Allen-Hendry match.
                          Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
                            Yep has to be Swail v Wenbo. It finished off a brilliant day at the Crucible as Ronnie had his 147 in the afternoon session.

Yeah that was one of my favourite days too.

Havent quite got withdrawal symptoms yet but i might do when i walk back into work today and everything is back to normal.

Ive decided i'm not gonna be sad about it all being over though as i had such a fantastic time and i'll be back next year!
                            I Love Snook!

Comment

The semi between Ron and Hendry, although I'm slightly bemused by the fact everyone is giving that match praise as the greatest display they've seen - I'd have to watch it again but I felt the absolute monstering Ronnie gave Ding in the final of the Masters was certainly equal to that - it ws just when everyone was starting to say 'ooh can Ronnie cope with this young, hungry talent from China? Is this the beginning of the end?"

and Ronnie put on a display that seemed to say 'How DARE you doubt me?' - and Ding very nearly walked out of the match, which woould have been wonderful for its effect on the O'Sullivan hate club

Comment

Working...
                              X