sponsorship on waistcoats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sponsorship on waistcoats

I might have missed comments in the media, but it looks like a compromise has been reached and the players have been allowed to display their sponsors logo.
    Anybody know more about this climbdown?
    There is a revolution coming.

revolution news

I dont know much about waistcoat sponsorship, but I dont see why it should matter who sponsors the players. 888.com have sponsored the tournament not the players.

Maybe we should sponsor the next world championship we would need just a couple of donations.

Comment

Originally Posted by Snooker
      I dont know much about waistcoat sponsorship, but I dont see why it should matter who sponsors the players. 888.com have sponsored the tournament not the players.

Maybe we should sponsor the next world championship we would need just a couple of donations.
      This article may help you to understand the anger of many players :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...er/4906684.stm
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I think world snooker should of thought about the rules a little more and probably informed the players agents of the new sponsorship a little earlier than they did!

When Embassy sponsored the competition the players were not allowed to be personally sponsored by a rival, I think it was obvious that this rule would stay for the new sponsors BUT when the players couldn't get personal tobacco sponsorship they seeked the next best thing which was the betting industry so when World Snooker had to go with the betting industry it was obvious there was going to be this conflict.

Who have the players got to turn to now? I mean sponsoring a snooker player is not cheap by any means, I was looking at sponsoring a player a few years back, I won't say who but his management company was 110sport.com and they wanted for 6 months £4,500 and the player was ranked something like 67, just think what it would cost for a top flight player.

Comment

I just noticed that Stephen Hendry has a BetFred.com sponsorship badge on his waistcoat!!! and no 888.com one!

Comment

Apparently the new rules don't kick in until next season. Expect major turbulence........
            There is a revolution coming.

revolution news

Comment

Working...
            X