What a nail bitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a nail bitter

Ronnie has been looking great all day but just lost his flow for a couple of frames. I’ve read through some threads on here (I’m new to this forum) and I’ve seen a bit of Ronnie bashing (If Ronnie is from England……. For example). I don’t get the problem. Most people, love him or not, will admit he is among the most talented players ever. Most people also know a bit about his life, addictions and depression so if the guy sometimes feels under pressure why does that bring out the people who like an easy target.
    Maybe just jealousy, the people who also play under similar pressures are usually quicker to cut a little slack.
    http://www.cuepower.co.uk/

His problem has, and will, always be his attitude. The towel story, the "F word" used yesterday on a poor safety play of his own, the way he conceded frames today, etc.
    Ronnie is probably the most gifted player on earth since Alex Higgins. But gosh, he can be so disrespectful sometimes...
    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Bill_Nally
      Ronnie has been looking great all day but just lost his flow for a couple of frames. I’ve read through some threads on here (I’m new to this forum) and I’ve seen a bit of Ronnie bashing (If Ronnie is from England……. For example). I don’t get the problem. Most people, love him or not, will admit he is among the most talented players ever. Most people also know a bit about his life, addictions and depression so if the guy sometimes feels under pressure why does that bring out the people who like an easy target.
      Maybe just jealousy, the people who also play under similar pressures are usually quicker to cut a little slack.
      He is in my opinion the most naturally talented player the game has ever seen. If you're considering a counter arguement to this statement may I remind you of the fact he can make centuries with either arm... enough said!

Regarding the orignal topic - yes it was a great match to watch, it had plenty of everything!

Andrew

Comment

Yes it was a great match tonight and a sign of a real champion when Ronnie turned it on in the last 2 frames.

Also, I am sure I lip read Williams say the F word when he went out of position but the referee didn't warn him
        2009 Shanghai Masters Lucky Dip Champion
        2010/11 Overall Prediction Champion

Comment

Originally Posted by pat39
          Yes it was a great match tonight and a sign of a real champion when Ronnie turned it on in the last 2 frames.

Also, I am sure I lip read Williams say the F word when he went out of position but the referee didn't warn him
          To be fair a lot of players use words under their breath that they shouldn't and because of the large microphones over the tables occasionally mutter can be heard but there is I think a little of the attitude a lot of people have toward Schumacher, we are used to seeing these players at such a high level of play that any weakness or the tiniest mistake is seen as an opportunity to make a dig at them when in fact they are only human.
          With Schumacher you will very rarely hear a good word said or be picked as driver of the race but if someone like Montoya makes 1 good overtake a year he is wonderful when in fact his race career in F1 has seen only 5 race wins.
          Ronnie is amazing at the table and seen live is even more so, the delicate touch he has is a pleasure to watch but he isn’t unbeatable and a missed shot doesn’t really mean people should use it as an opportunity to have a dig and the towel incident just shows the pressures he is under to perform at the top every shot.
          A bit long winded but I couldn't get back off my soap box
          http://www.cuepower.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
          X