Who's Gonna Enjoy The Final?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Gonna Enjoy The Final?

I'm setting myself up for a good one; it'll have everything.
    Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Yep, including slow play, a lot of safety, more so than fluent break building, should be great for the purists. Sadly, being an attacking type of player myself, I'll only be watching bits of it as I will possibly find it boring as neither player are up there as much watch players

Comment

it'll be great on in the background to dip into, when Ronnie was still in, it was all-stop and don't miss a shot... I can imagine a fair bit of drinkin, work, SpursvBolton watchin etc goin on. as long as it stays close and they up the break building, there's gonna be a lot of clean houses or invites for friends round otherwise!

as willie's just said, similar to the Fu first session; just simmering at the moment.
      Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

The difference with the Fu vs Ebdon match was that there wasn't a prize at stake at the end of it, other than being in the final. I just see this final becoming the longest, drawn out in history, neither player are going to take the attacking option and safety looks like its going to bog down both players. Judging by 6 frames only played in the first session, could this be the first ever final to go on into a 3rd day?!!

Comment

and I'd hate to be the Theatre Director counting the empty seats, it's appauling seeing the pictures of the players walking round and then looking beyond them to the gaps. it aint box office, even the three regulars to the right of the trophy, bout 2 rows up that have been there EVERY match on table 1, are missing. A Robert Mitchum lookalike, an old woman and a rather plump gent.... the guy that sits above the player's chair to the left (Eric Sykes lookalike) with amazing ties.... is also absent.

(one interesting thing to look out for is when Ebbo is cueing, I'd bet money on him using a metronome near his practice table, set on a very familiar length of time)

I'd bet on a few houses getting the B&Q treatment tomorrow, as for a 3rd day, it'll only take 1 minutes past midnight so that'll be short odds. Sweepstake for total match time?!

Let's hope tomorrow will bring the cliche of, "this packed crucible venue", coz they'd be lying if they said that now.

The Secret of the Kick is coming up in the mid-session interval; Den's been talking about this Bob Ledger since the first week.

I can't imagine both players going so negative at the same time for frame after frame so it's embarrassingly slow... Ebbo's far too intelligent to not realise that'll cause a problem and Dott's long potting will rescue him time after time.

Comment

Dott seems to be walking away with it now, though it is still very much match play snooker. Not being funny but I see better than this in club tournaments and there is pressure there because its only a best of 5. They have got to realise that although its a big prize they're playing for they also have a duty to try and entertain.
            Can you imagine the state the game would be in if these two were the best players in the game, they wouldn't have any money to play for because nobody would want to sponsor it or turn up to watch!

Comment

the guy that sits above the player's chair to the left (Eric Sykes lookalike) with amazing ties.... is also absent.
              I noticed that, maybe he's sitting somewhere else?
              You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

Originally Posted by Mitsuko
                I noticed that, maybe he's sitting somewhere else?
                I noticed him also, but I think he might have fallen asleep at one time, and decided to go to bed, knowing he wouldn't miss anything...the game was too poor for that!!

I praised Dotty fo attacking more than Ebdon. I really hope a better session this afternoon!
                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                X