Hawkeye overload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkeye overload?

don't get me wrong, it's a nice addition in some respects (e.g. when cueball is on baulk and you can get a better view of what's hittable on the other side of the table) but they seem to be going over the top on the bbc with it now...

especially when the cueball is on the wrong side of the blue! virtually every time the cueball is below the blue, thousands of pounds of technology are engaged in order to show that yes, as was obvious to anybody with two eyes and an ability to perceive depth in three dimensions, the cueball is indeed too low.

yeah, thanks for that Hawkeye, you miracle of visual technology

Originally Posted by thejuicydangler
    don't get me wrong, it's a nice addition in some respects
    Oh no, it isn't.

Originally Posted by thejuicydangler
    .. but they seem to be going over the top on the bbc with it now...
    Certainly!

Comment

I think they are using it not in good ways.
      Like when player have done shot, they're showing how shot should have been done It's so stupid!!!!!
      2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
      2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

id like to see them using it as a split screen......and agree that it may be a little too often, but i do like it, just not so frequently.

(would probably prefer a couple of cameras at the baulk end hanging from the ceiling light rigging showing the view down the table)

Comment

They are just keeping up with Technology . Dosen't affect the players in anyway . I like it
          Doctor, Doctor i keep thinking i am a snooker ball.
          Well get to the back of the queue !

Comment

Seems a bit pointless to me. In tennis it is used to effectively judge if a ball crossed the line, at a speed too fast for accurate human judgement....

with snooker maybe they should get one or two discreet little cameras to show other views of the table?
            Keep on potting.........

Comment

I quite like hawk-eye when they use it to show how players see the situation at the table, but it's seems quite useless to show how players wanted to play a shot but didn't manage...l
              Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

Thats for the People that dont know much about Snooker, Maybe it can help people to learn the game. Its alot to take in
                Doctor, Doctor i keep thinking i am a snooker ball.
                Well get to the back of the queue !

Comment

Hawk Eye has been used so much I heard next tournament they're going to use it to determine which route the players are going to walk to the dressing room. That sucks.

Comment

I quite liked the hawkeye perspective /before/ they play the shot. Not afterwards to explain what went wrong.

But I understand that to draw in new viewers they have to CGI everything up or else it won't sell!

Next year, they'll have robotic cameras planted in the players' eyes so you can see exactly what the players see throughout the whole match!
                    "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Dennis Taylor will be upset! His magic white pen will soon be obsolete!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ginger_Freak
                        Dennis Taylor will be upset! His magic white pen will soon be obsolete!
                        I can't see why there is a need for the white lines now, Hawkeye is surely capable of calculating angles out of snookers?

Comment

Dennis Taylor loves his hawk eye
                          I have been a cowboy for many YEEEEEHAA'S

Comment

I'm back after spending the tournament in the wilderness - no e-mail, no pc, no mobile phone reception and snooker to watch when the BBC could be bothered to show it.

Hawkeye is a great addition, especially showing people where the white was struck which even as a (now double) centurion (will post to high break thread later) I found fascinating.

I think they could and will use it better, and I'd like to see it used between frames as a summary of what's gone on:

Where Player A leaves the white from the break could be interesting, or you could put on the different pots that a player has missed to a certain pocket. It's in its early phases and I think it could well become an important way in which snooker is televised.

Comment

I was waiting on Dennis Taylor givin us a hawks-eye view of them goin to the toilet
                              Snooker Loopy

Comment

Working...
                              X